[Steele Jantz] I found him... and it's amazing

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think he said he didn't realize he was leaving until two hours before leaving. Thought he said he packed without thought.
I got the impression that him knowing that might not of changed his plan of attack for moving very much.

Reactions: Yellow Snow and jmb

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
For those that don’t want to watch the whole thing but want a fun little 5 to 6 minute snippet, there’s a pretty hilarious story at about 48:30 about rabbit hunting in Ames and an old car he bought from someone in Des Moines.
That car story...and tickets....that better not cost us a playoff spot this year, lol.

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That was just a fantastic podcast. Fun to have Josh Lenz and Cory Morrissey involved too.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That car story...and tickets....that better not cost us a playoff spot this year, lol.
I had a similar thought. I wondered if that was a big deal or not he said that. There has to be some kind of statute of limitations or something.

Reactions: CapnCy

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

I can't see how it would. He bought a car with his money at a fair price. The players can give their free tickets to anyone they want, so there shouldn't be any issue. I doubt the sale docs said $x + 2 football tickets to each home game this season.

Nonetheless, just another funny/interesting story in the life of Steele.

As a side note, I really wish his part of the podcast would have ended with him just disconnecting, like we all thought it would when he had connection issues.

Reactions: CapnCy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I can't see how it would. He bought a car with his money at a fair price. The players can give their free tickets to anyone they want, so there shouldn't be any issue. I doubt the sale docs said $x + 2 football tickets to each home game this season.

Nonetheless, just another funny/interesting story in the life of Steele.

As a side note, I really wish his part of the podcast would have ended with him just disconnecting, like we all thought it would when he had connection issues.
I agree.

I think Steele has no idea how interesting of a dude he is. Which is probably part of the intrigue.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I agree.

I think Steele has no idea how interesting of a dude he is. Which is probably part of the intrigue.

I hope, to him, comments don't come off as negative or anything towards him. He is legit interesting to find out about.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I caught that too. I also thought that was the most Steele Jantz way ever to leave Iowa State. Liberty Bowl ends and he doesn’t even go back to Ames. He just leaves for California and is gone. And then leaves all his stuff in Ames for whoever wants it.
Had a Californian roommate who did the same thing. Was flunking out of school, had some legal trouble, and knocked up his girlfriend four times in one and a half semesters, so was leaving under slightly different circumstances.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I had no intentions of listening to the whole thing, but I did.

Well done guys, well done.

I hope Steele makes it back for the Iowa game.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I agree.

Exactly. The best types of cool people are the ones that literally are just being themselves.

He also seems to genuinely be someone that enjoys each day, kind to people, and see the best in folks.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and Cycsk