Starting Lineup

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Jul 25, 2007
I'm a nomad.
Hmmm, right now I'm guess the starting 5 would look like this:

PG: G. Cash
SG: J. Kreese
SF: L. Charles
PF: C. Sinclair
C: D. Masters

First off the bench: R. Tango

These are just a guess right now, but I am predicting BIG things from ISU Women's basketball this season. Chick ball will be rocking the campus this year and I can't wait to be a part of it!

Last edited:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
PG: Lacey
SG: Ezell
SF: Bolte
PF: Ross
C: Weiben

Fennelly has stated that as of the first few practices that Bolte would probably start at SF. Lacey, Ross and Weiben are pretty much locks to start. I have Ezell at shooting guard, but honestly I'm not too sure about that.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Who would possibly beat out Ezell? Just curious.

That's a lot of ballhandlers there, that's cool.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Who would possibly beat out Ezell? Just curious.

That's a lot of ballhandlers there, that's cool.

JC transfer Stuckey? She had good numbers at Butler County CC. We also have Lange who sat out last year after transferring from Creighton. I'd say Ezell is our starting SG but who knows. First game is Nov 4th, we'll find out then.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm looking for Ross to really step it up and be the go to person.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Brittany Lange is an unknown for me. Fennelly doesn't often take a transfer and then only someone likely to start. Did we pursue her out of highschool?

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Maybe we should start Mosman and Florzak on the Men's team and use them as a distraction ;)

Jul 25, 2007
I'm a nomad.
I think it's funny that our starting PG is taller than our starting PF.

That's why women's basketball is such a crazy and exciting sport to watch. I know I love it. I think Fennelly will really take us to the promise land and make the horrible mistakes he made last year seem like a thing of the past.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
That's why women's basketball is such a crazy and exciting sport to watch. I know I love it. I think Fennelly will really take us to the promise land and make the horrible mistakes he made last year seem like a thing of the past.

OK I will bite. What mistakes?

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
Brittany Lange is an unknown for me. Fennelly doesn't often take a transfer and then only someone likely to start. Did we pursue her out of highschool?

I assumed she wanted ISU, I sure do not remember her as a highly recruited player. I see she was 1st team all state. She also is a good student.
I figured she was a walk-on. Prob gets a scholarship because we do not have the full allotment being used. Which brings up the question why does BF not use the full allotment of scholarships? I do not remember ever having all 15 being used without a few walk-ons getting the remaining ships.

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006

Giz,

Inquiring minds want to know...what mistakes :eek:

wbbnut

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
...Brittany Lange transfer

I can't find the article anywhere, or else I heard him say this either on TV or the radio, but he took Brittany Lange sight unseen because Lyndsey Medders said he should.

He absolutely had no idea who she was until Medders introduced them, if I remember his quote correctly. Lange worked with Medders two summers ago on a girls league coaching in/around Ames somewhere.

fulll02

Apr 17, 2006
Des Moines
Re: ...Brittany Lange transfer

wbbnut - I remember that about Lange "recruitement" as well.

Starting line-up:
1 - Lacey
2 - Ezell
3 - Bolte
4 - Ross
5 - Wieben

More interesting will be next 3 in the rotation. My guess, is Mosman, Stuckey, and Nisleit.

For guards I think we are fine because Florzak is also in the mix. There will be a lot of competition for playing time.

The other Forwards are a bit of an unknown. Nisleit is steady so will play. If Anderson, Bjerke, or Lightourne step up, they will floor time. If not, I wouldn't be suprised to see four guards out there on occasion.

cyking

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Boone
Bill has stated that Mosman has improved the most of all the returning players.

He also thinks Stuckey gives a different look with her great speed and Quickness.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
No one seems to hesitate in giving Bolte a starting role. I read a comment from Fennelly to the effect he thinks she has the raw talent, but, as expected, is relatively inexperienced. Are you expecting her to start right away?