Start Ellerman (and Palo) on Senior Day

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
The best time to let our bench seniors get their time on Senior Day is at the start of the game. Our first five minutes is unproductive even when we're playing well. Give Bubu and Tyler the spotlight of the starting announcement and put them on the floor at tip in place of Monte and Hogue. If they're a liability then replace them at the first dead ball. If they're holding their own, let them have their minutes.

tl;dr Give them their spotlight and get it out of the way early.

Sorry NO!
This is D1 MBB not ymca soccer.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
So, consensus is this is a stupid idea and I'm an idiot for even bringing it up?

An idiot is someone who continuously says stupid things. If you have no posts as someone else's signature or have a thread resurrected constantly I'd say you are good.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
North Carolina started their senior walk ons against ND tonight, and they rocked it.

Count me in. Give them a couple minutes.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I say at least freaking play some bench. How much time did Fred play in playoffs in Minnesota? I thought so. I wish he would just put the guys in for morale sake....and our starters are on eco-boost at the beginning of every half anyway. Hell, A guy can play 2 minutes and there is plenty of opportunity to take him out. Things could be better.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I'm with ya, I've always loved the guys that get beat on in practice, and sacrifice tons of time, knowing they won't see playing time. However, there's just no precedence for something like this to happen, at Iowa St or any major bball programs. I'm sure guys like Ellerman realize it's just part of being a walk on.

Some of my all-time favorites: Ellerman, Varley, Skrokland(sp), and Neal.

I agree I love those hard working subs that never get to play, but the Iowa game alone puts Neal in a pretty special category and he was an important sub for ISU. As for BuBu I really doubt he wants to play some meaningless minutes and probably hasn't for awhile now for a number of reasons.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So, consensus is this is a stupid idea and I'm an idiot for even bringing it up? :pwink:

You missed your bailout chance by not coming back and saying "Ooops, what was I thinking, sorry all, I was drunk as hell when I posted that."

:skeptical:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Won't happen. End of thread.

This isn't TCU we're going up against. We're playing a much tougher squad for seeding purposes.

But we need to recognize our seniors! This isn't pee wee participation medals time, we need to win. I don't care if bubu or ellerman see any floor time and I hope they don't. Bigger picture people.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I'm willing to bet that both get PT if the situation presents itself...I think Coach Hoiberg owes Palo some PT, no matter what President Leath has told Coach about the situation.

Fred doesn't owe Bubu anything...

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Sorry if brought up before, but has anyone noticed that Bubu isn't even in the video montage before our starting line-up? The red shirt guys are even in it. No way he plays.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Sorry if brought up before, but has anyone noticed that Bubu isn't even in the video montage before our starting line-up? The red shirt guys are even in it. No way he plays.

I agree and it's very unlikely BuBu himself would want to play for a number of reasons, some obvious and some we may find out eventually.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

How long have they been playing that video montage? Was he kicked off the team when it was created? I don't think that necessarily proves anything.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I agree and it's very unlikely BuBu himself would want to play for a number of reasons, some obvious and some we may find out eventually.

Lol, if Bubu didn't want to play, why would he have dragged this out so long? He does, but he won't. And I'm perfectly fine with it.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I'll be fairly irritated if Ellerman starts. This isn't TCU.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
There are a lot of mean people and Haters who are on these boards. Where is the love?