Star Wars Rogue One

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I really enjoyed Rogue One and the different feel the movie had with it being "regular" rebels and no Jedi/Skywalkers/Rey types. Think I liked it more than TFA.

• Agree
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Really good, even though you know a planet destroyer is eventually built and used.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
THAT. WAS. AWESOME. Loved the tone of the movie and the story, the final battle scene was epic and beautiful, CGI was great and the scene with Vader running through rebels as they try to run the plans to Leia was amazing. Loved all the little tributes to A New Hope. I'm sure there are tons of things I missed. I was geeking out the whole time. Definitely one of the best Star Wars movies IMO

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Just saw the movie. I really liked it. I enjoyed the darker plot and I thought it was a million times better than The Force Awakens.
I really liked The Force Awakens but the two movies are totally different in tone. I thought the darker plot was a nice change up for Star Wars. Made it seem more real.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
So, at what point did the super laser have the ability to completely destroy a planet not just leave it in ruins.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I really liked The Force Awakens but the two movies are totally different in tone. I thought the darker plot was a nice change up for Star Wars. Made it seem more real.
I like the force awakens characters and protagonists. I just didn't like how it was a reskin of the new hope and the concept art of some of the planets weren't anything like the movie. I also felt like the books which are non canon has way better stories that they could've pulled from.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Finally saw this.

Man, so many things to say.

Loved Jyn Erso. Really, really disappointed we wont get to know her better.

Did anyone else get a very strong 'Halo Reach' vibe in this movie? A lot of similarities.

Reactions: CyArob and bos

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Finally saw this.

Man, so many things to say.

Loved Jyn Erso. Really, really disappointed we wont get to know her better.

Did anyone else get a very strong 'Halo Reach' vibe in this movie? A lot of similarities.

Right on with the 'Halo: Reach' (one of my favorite video games of all time) comparison.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Yes, the 3-D enhanced the visuals of the movie without getting in the way or being used as a gimmick.

I will also echo sentiments on the 3D version of the film. It's worth a view as the movie lends quite well to the media form from the large landscape/planet shots, to full moving battle with many levels of focus from foreground to background.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Finally saw it yesterday. I thought it was really good, but with a completely different feel than the episode movies. My only complaint was they rushed the ending tie in to ANH. Felt like the movie was wrapped up and they added the Vader scene. Would have preferred to have that disk transferred after it was downloaded and sent Leia on her way before the battle ended. Darth going through the entire command ship interrogating people would have been a better ending.

JP4CY

Doesn't quickly stand up when the plane lands.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I liked the Admiral Raddus character as a throwback to Ackbar.

I thought Ben Mendehlson did a great job as the Director even though I kept thinking of Bloodline.

K-2 was was almost getting to the Jar Jar annoying point for me.

I thought Saw Gerrera could have had a better ending.

Overall I loved the movie. I like that it was more "war based".

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron