CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I don’t think it’s that we think he’s gonna be a total flop. Some might think that. But not even 24 hours after firing Prohm you have this report. I think people are disappointed with the time it took. If it was a couple week search with multiple candidates interviewing then more people would accept it.
Why waste the time. This was decided 6 years ago.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Why waste the time. This was decided 6 years ago.
This is a critical hire for Pollard. I’d want him to act like it and interview a few people. If it’s TJ in the end then so be it. Waste of time lmao. You’re silly.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
I’m sorry but I don’t know what some of you expected. It was either TJ or some assistant. There are several openings in the Midwest right now that are either better jobs than ISU or pay more than we can pay.

I’m okay with TJ. He’s what we need right now. If we hired TJ after Fred left with ISU basketball in an amazing spot, I would’ve been pissed but we’re as low as we’ve ever been. We’re not going to throw a dump truck of cash at someone and we aren’t going to be able to get a big name with just our program backing.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
Some? But you were doing the same thing when Fred was announced.

Huh? I was nothing like whats happening on multiple threads here. I simply said I was worried about his lack of coaching and if he failed how it'd be tough to fire him. I was so glad I was wrong, but it didn't turn out perfectly.

Reactions: aauummm

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
This is a critical hire for Pollard. I’d want him to act like it and interview a few people. If it’s TJ in the end then so be it. Waste of time lmao. You’re silly.
Maybe Jamie zoomed a couple guys. And then you’ll be happy.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Huh? I was nothing like whats happening on multiple threads here. I simply said I was worried about his lack of coaching and if he failed how it'd be tough to fire him. I was so glad I was wrong, but it didn't turn out perfectly.
There were multiple posts about how bad he did in the front office. How the Wolves front office was a joke etc.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Maybe Jamie zoomed a couple guys. And then you’ll be happy.
I would be happy if he did his due diligence and performed a coaching search. Instead it looks like he gave the job to his buddy.

Reactions: Bytheriver

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
When you say it didn’t turn out perfectly are you referring to something else other than the best five year stretch of basketball in Iowa State history.

Reactions: CycloneErik

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
When you say it didn’t turn out perfectly are you referring to something else other than the best five year stretch of basketball in Iowa State history.
Fred left a lot of things longer term empty. We missed on recruits because he knew he was leaving. I was not happy with the way he left things here.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
You're being very ignorant about what really happened. Its well documented.
Yeah, the Prohm apologizers made every excuse in the book for him. Then it played out long enough to show there was no excuse. He was just incompetent and the talent left to him managed to mask that for a couple years.

Reactions: CycloneErik

clonze2011

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 15, 2011
Sacramento
You're being very ignorant about what really happened. Its well documented.
Prohm had 2 years to recover from that and did, to an extent, in year 4 with the loaded team we had. You’re ignorant for thinking that was a problem. Of course you’re going to miss out on recruits if the current head coach won’t be there next year