JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Iowa State University athletic director Jamie Pollard speaks at a news conference on Sept. 24, 2019 in Ames to address reports of violence by fans directed at Iowa Hawkeye Band members after the season’s Iowa-Iowa State football game on Sept. 14.

Iowa State is officially in search of a new men’s basketball coach.

It was announced on Monday that Steve Prohm and the school have elected to part ways after six seasons. Pollard has now turned his attention toward finding a new man for the job and will meet with the media on Tuesday.

I’ve compiled this list of potential candidates by talking to people I know in the game of basketball, brainstorming with some of the smartest basketball people I know and talking with people inside the industry of covering coaching searches. I expect it to be a list that remains fluid throughout the search and will update it as needed so keep in mind this is simply version 1.0.

But, I want to note, I’m obviously not Jamie Pollard and...

Continue reading...

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
No clue who we go after here. It likely won’t be Hoiball, but weirder things have happened. This program just doesn’t have the same name anymore as it did six years ago when we had Fred, so I’m not expecting a huge home run hire.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyputz