SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Margins:

The safeties might be 10 yards off the line of scrimmage, then run BACKWARDS (?) at the snap. I have never understood that.

The linebacker and the defensive backs that can't tackle.

If we ever have to play a non-Big 12 team again this year, we will be in trouble. "Look at how good our defense has been against the Big 12". Uh-huh.

You're pointing the finger at the defense? Our defense looked pretty damn good last week.

I do agree that I'm not sold on our linebackers or White/Young at safety/star. What happened to Rose being a sure tackler? He seems to slide off a lot of running backs. Vance overruns a lot of plays. Hummel was decent, but not a big time talent. We're a couple of playmakers from a really really good defense. DL was great last week.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and Aclone

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I never notice this but if speed is an issue, they can't just match up and go toe to toe.

It's likely a function of the scheme/down and distance. But Eisworth was notably absent from the action at SS last week when he's usually in on every tackle at Star.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I feel like Manning is a lot like Prohm. He's a really good coach, does well with prep leading up the game and when that goes well, he's as good as anyone but when the opposition adjusts and starts to stop him, he can't really adapt on the fly.

Football is a Game of Adjustments and thats the reason we lose close games....Its Past Time IMHO, to get a much and I do mean Much Better Offensive Coordinator.......

• Disagree
Reactions: Aclone