STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
I would have been concerned if it was one but not the other. Good for the young man and his family to do their last due diligence and to enjoy the basketball games.

Hopefully the two environments seals the deal once and for all.
Those in attendance tomorrow night better make Hilton rock!

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Anyone can cherry pick pictures from one half of a basketball game. Fran was just having a bad night...errr season..errrrr career

And he didn't even include MadFran's infamous clipboard tirade. MFer!!!!!!!

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
So with everyone having all of these "sources" giving off positive signals, why have the Alex Halsteds and Chris Williams of the world been so quiet? Halsted hasn't even made his crystal ball pick yet and you would think he would be hearing some of the same birdies chirping.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
So with everyone having all of these "sources" giving off positive signals, why have the Alex Halsteds and Chris Williams of the world been so quiet? Halsted hasn't even made his crystal ball pick yet and you would think he would be hearing some of the same birdies chirping.
They have a lot more to lose is those "Little birdies" are somehow wrong.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

because this coaching staff is much more quiet than some. I’m not sure that Alex or CW ever make predictions super early for basketball.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

If my source is wrong I can just change my name to tryharder or something and start with a clean slate. They can't

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

If you look at Alex's history he usually doesn't put in a crystal ball for Iowa State until 2-3 days before, or often the day of, the announcement.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
This is the dumbest post on this thread. How the heck do you think AH and CW gets their info to make a CB prediction. Sources.

They also check with those sources a few days before to see if things are still the same. Then they make their “prediction”.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If you look at Alex's history he usually doesn't put in a crystal ball for Iowa State until 2-3 days before, or often the day of, the announcement.

That's kind of dumb. The whole point of the Crystal ball is to see what the experts are thinking in advance. With a couple days to go everyone generally has it figured out anyway.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
That's kind of dumb. The whole point of the Crystal ball is to see what the experts are thinking in advance. With a couple days to go everyone generally has it figured out anyway.

For national media yes and they often change their picks the days up the commitment as they contact on school sources.
Alex and CW usually don't tip their hand until very close to the announcement nothing out of the ordinary from their history. Bock for example had his pick to foster to EIU for months only to change it to cloudy last week. What good did that do for his fan base?

Relax we'll know next Tuesday, and I guess we'll know their opinion on the pick the day of.