Stadium Expansion!

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
For the people wondering about Hilton renovations, Pollard said that is at the bottom of the list right now. Just too many other projects ahead of that, though he didn't expand on that.

Makes sense. IIRC, part of the Hilton expansion was for an attached BB practice facility and trying to make it look as though it belonged there, instead of being added on. We now have a BB practice facility (at a much lower price tag than Hilton expansion).

Plus, some renovations may be paid for by insurance every time Hilton floods.:wink:

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Hey Pal, I NEVER wanted a new TV scoreboard & a new training facility! Only stadium expansion. Don't put words on my mouth! Scoreboard TVs and training rooms don't pack fans in. Stop Pi$$ing me off!:mad:

Yes... Cause packing the stadium wins games?????? I think the new football complex will help in the long run more then the bowled in stadium. Then again it's all about the fans. Especially the loud mouthed ignorant fan like yourselves who are about me me me.

Fans like you are so much fun.... :rolleyes:

vcl3

Jun 17, 2006
Des Moines
Yes... Cause packing the stadium wins games?????? I think the new football complex will help in the long run more then the bowled in stadium. Then again it's all about the fans. Especially the loud mouthed ignorant fan like yourselves who are about me me me.

Fans like you are so much fun.... :rolleyes:
Fans like me? Get real! We got a new indoor practice facility to put "W"s in the win column! we got five last year. So much for prioritizing. I'm glad you don't call the shots in Ames.:twitcy:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We start winning consistantly and sell out every game and quit having to sell $99 season tickets, we'll expand the endzone, unless one fo you writes a multi-million dollar check to JP

It has nothing to do with that, as we wouldnt add capacity just by bowling in.

This is about 2 things: Recruiting, and converting grass seats to actual seats. We consistently average well above our actual seating capacity.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
Fans like me? Get real! We got a new indoor practice facility to put "W"s in the win column! we got five last year. So much for prioritizing. I'm glad you don't call the shots in Ames.:twitcy:

Pretty hard to follow what you are trying to say. Are you saying if you were running ISU athletics and had to choose between bowling in the endzone or building the new football building you would pick bowling in the endzone?

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008

Please explain how bowling in the south endzone will magically make this team win more.

The should be epic.

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
Any improvements will in the end help in recruiting and like it or not it takes money to make money. Not sure why any fan of ISU wouldnt welcome ANY improvement we can get ? If we get help in the recruiting the wins will increase . We have good coaching ( I believe )...Just is strange that fans would fight about the improvements . Cant wait til this year with new board and SOUND!! Wow the new Sound system is over due !!!!!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hey Pal, I NEVER wanted a new TV scoreboard & a new training facility! Only stadium expansion. Don't put words on my mouth! Scoreboard TVs and training rooms don't pack fans in. Stop Pi$$ing me off!:mad:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no]YouTube - ‪Boom Goes the Dynamite‬‏[/ame]

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
With all this talk of bowling in the south endzone I had to send JP an email to see what the current progress is. He responded and said we will be bowling in the endzone before you know it. In fact, he sent some rendering for me to share. Enjoy!

Bowling.png

Thanks, 00clone for the inspiration :wink:

:notworthy:

Need to spread the rep around...well done!

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

We got a new indoor practice facility in 2003. Have you been in a coma since then, because you are clueless?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
IMO, the new football offices and facilities at the Bergstrom will be a great addition. Modern weight training and facilities along with new meeting areas are what is needed first. This will attract top flight recruits and will also give us the ability to retain top flight assistants. CPR will now have more of the necessary things he needs to build an even more successful program.

We are making a major upgrade to our stadium with the new scoreboard and sound system. This should greatly enhance the gameday experience. We are not selling out our stadium now. So everyone needs to pony up and buy tickets. I have season tickets but will probably only be able to go to about half the games or so.

With success, we need to increase ticket sales. Increase ticket sales and the south endzone gets bowled in. To be honest, those will not be premium ticket prices in those areas. And what I fear most is the cheap fan opting for the cheaper tickets in lieu of the more expensive ones. Cyclone fans are cheap, cheap.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
IMO, the new football offices and facilities at the Bergstrom will be a great addition. Modern weight training and facilities along with new meeting areas are what is needed first. This will attract top flight recruits and will also give us the ability to retain top flight assistants. CPR will now have more of the necessary things he needs to build an even more successful program.

We are making a major upgrade to our stadium with the new scoreboard and sound system. This should greatly enhance the gameday experience. We are not selling out our stadium now. So everyone needs to pony up and buy tickets. I have season tickets but will probably only be able to go to about half the games or so.

With success, we need to increase ticket sales. Increase ticket sales and the south endzone gets bowled in. To be honest, those will not be premium ticket prices in those areas. And what I fear most is the cheap fan opting for the cheaper tickets in lieu of the more expensive ones. Cyclone fans are cheap, cheap.

We do average more tickets sold than we have actual seats (you know, what every other school in the country lists as capacity), and we had a higher average attendance than about 16 other BCS schools, and were within 2,000 of about 10 others.

Our attendance needs to improve, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as its cracked up to be.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
We do average more tickets sold than we have actual seats (you know, what every other school in the country lists as capacity), and we had a higher average attendance than about 16 other BCS schools, and were within 2,000 of about 10 others.

Our attendance needs to improve, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as its cracked up to be.

The easy solution is to abolish hillside seating for all but the following 2 things:
1)Lil' Clone club members and their parents
2)Gameday overflow sales if all actual seats are sold out.

I think our stands would look much better on gamedays if you did this, plus you might force a few more parents to sign their kids up for clone club.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The easy solution is to abolish hillside seating for all but the following 2 things:
1)Lil' Clone club members and their parents
2)Gameday overflow sales if all actual seats are sold out.

I think our stands would look much better on gamedays if you did this, plus you might force a few more parents to sign their kids up for clone club.

Our stands were pretty much full during the 1st quarter of every game but Missouri. At least that's how it looked from my vantage point (I'm pretty sure there were empty seats in the SW corner a lot of games, but that's behind me and up).

I agree with this though. Sell the left over visitor section seats rather than hillsides, but don't raise the price.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Our stands were pretty much full during the 1st quarter of every game but Missouri. At least that's how it looked from my vantage point (I'm pretty sure there were empty seats in the SW corner a lot of games, but that's behind me and up).

I agree with this though. Sell the left over visitor section seats rather than hillsides, but don't raise the price.

How much of that is people that buy hillsides knowing they can sneak into the stands? How many students specifically said they didn't buy student tickets because they knew they could do this?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron