Spring/Summer Beer

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Right now Leinenkugels Summer Shandy is probably my favorite beer for this time of year. Any suggestions for something I should try that can top this?

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I can only handle about one or 2 Summer Shandies before it starts to taste awful.

I think the Summer Shandy is one of the worst beers out there. It's like expecting a good beer and someone ruined it by dumping lemonade in it. Honestly I'd drink Bud Light/Miller Lite before a Summer Shandy and I dislike those beers.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Shock Top Belgian White and Founders All Day IPA are my favorites during the summer.

Also fun to try out local breweries when they are putting out their seasonal brews. If they are putting out new pale ales or saisons during the summer I usually make a point to try them.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I usually only drink them during tailgating season but after having one I always ask myself "Why don't I drink this more often". Founders All Day IPA

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
I mentioned this is the general, what are you drinking thread but Maibocks are just a perfect spring beer.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Bought a 6 pack of Exile G Funk. Can only drink 1 or 2 at a time, but I liked it, if sours are your thing.

DJSteve

Apr 29, 2010
Ames
www.stevesmobilemusic.com
Right now Leinenkugels Summer Shandy is probably my favorite beer for this time of year. Any suggestions for something I should try that can top this?

Have you tried Shiner Ruby Redbird? That's easily my favorite summer beer. It's lager brewed with grapefruit, so has some general similarities to Leinie's summer shandy in terms of crispness and moderate ABV% that makes it great drinking a really cold one on a hot day, but tastes MUCH less artificial.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Can anyone recommend a good shandy that isn't Leinie's?

not necessarily a shandy but try BLVD ginger radler. Its one of their year round release beers in cans. but it was hard to find at times last summer. light and refreshing.

that said, I would try Bell's 2 hearted ale. so ******* good at the pool.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Have you tried Shiner Ruby Redbird? That's easily my favorite summer beer. It's lager brewed with grapefruit, so has some general similarities to Leinie's summer shandy in terms of crispness and moderate ABV% that makes it great drinking a really cold one on a hot day, but tastes MUCH less artificial.

I approve of this message.