Spring football season

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
todays # according to Google... 338 deaths/36,390 new cases = a .9% rate so still a 99% survival rate.. and how many of those deaths had a preexisting condition??? and besides red cross blood drives, most of which are an hr away currently.. who else is performing them with out major cause/reasoning??

So little respect for the dead. Sad!

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
So little respect for the dead. Sad!
sorry but lets literally shut everything.... and I mean everything down for a less then 1% death rate.... no matter the other consequences... I've heard more people passing away from natural and self inflicted causes on the local radio then any one of Covid-19.... I was all for the precautions until the actual numbers started to show up..

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
sorry but lets literally shut everything.... and I mean everything down for a less then 1% death rate.... no matter the other consequences... I've heard more people passing away from natural and self inflicted causes on the local radio then any one of Covid-19.... I was all for the precautions until the actual numbers started to show up..

I think it's more than just death though. There could be lasting effects for a lot of people.

Reactions: RedBlooded

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I’m all for supporting the troops but the death rate is like .0001 right now among actively deployed troops. Why do they need armor and planes, and machine guns? send them out there with a rifle, a horse, and a cloth hat.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I’m all for supporting the troops but the death rate is like .0001 right now among actively deployed troops. Why do they need armor and planes, and machine guns? send them out there with a rifle, a horse, and a cloth hat.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
You should go get an antibody test and find out.

Where is it concretely confirmed as .5%? I've seen that out there as an estimate along with thinking way more have had it, but I've yet to see a positive antibody result for a community that's very high.

Last I knew the antibody test wasn’t accurate at all and they didn’t know how long it was in your system for. Is it better now? I’d love to take one because I’m pretty confident I had it around the Super Bowl.

I was waiting in the Dr’s office and for ***** and gigs I googled Covid Symptoms because it was popping up in the news but wasn’t in America. I thought holy **** I have it. But went in for the visit, flu test was negative, they gave me an inhaler for the breathing trouble that did nothing, and said “maybe it’s allergies?” Lol

I only went to the Dr because I was worried about the constant shortness of breath. But waking up with chills like I had and just the wild dreams were also like nothing I’ve ever experienced. And body aches.

But at the time it wasn’t around here. It was late enough where I was asked if I’d traveled in the last two weeks but early enough no one knew anything yet.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Last I knew the antibody test wasn’t accurate at all and they didn’t know how long it was in your system for. Is it better now? I’d love to take one because I’m pretty confident I had it around the Super Bowl.

I was waiting in the Dr’s office and for ***** and gigs I googled Covid Symptoms because it was popping up in the news but wasn’t in America. I thought holy **** I have it. But went in for the visit, flu test was negative, they gave me an inhaler for the breathing trouble that did nothing, and said “maybe it’s allergies?” Lol

I only went to the Dr because I was worried about the constant shortness of breath. But waking up with chills like I had and just the wild dreams were also like nothing I’ve ever experienced. And body aches.

But at the time it wasn’t around here. It was late enough where I was asked if I’d traveled in the last two weeks but early enough no one knew anything yet.
same.. hell I honestly thought it was the flu at first but the more and more I think about it yep everything matched covid... and I'm in a line of work where I might not travel much but we just had contractors in from all over the country right before hand..

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So just to be clear: people are touting that the death rate for Covid is .5%, which is based off of estimates from antibody studies, but at the same time people are reluctant to get one because of how inaccurate the antibody results are. (Not saying you're doing the former, but it's something that's happening)

Red Cross is doing them if you donate blood, so they can potentially have it for donating plasma...I think they're more accurate than what's been reported.

I'm 3/3 for positive antibody results from 3 different places (one being Red Cross) so I'm assuming I had it.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
todays # according to Google... 338 deaths/36,390 new cases = a .9% rate so still a 99% survival rate.. and how many of those deaths had a preexisting condition??? and besides red cross blood drives, most of which are an hr away currently.. who else is performing them with out major cause/reasoning??

Those deaths aren't connected to those cases. This is still a thing? People still think this?

There's a total lag on death reporting and they aren't tied to any one day.

I was able to go to my regular Dr. for an antibody test and had one with another place via appointment.

Not sure why it would be that difficult.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
So play just conf games in March, April, May..bowl game early June?

then go 2 years in a row with no spring development and turn around and start Fall Camp 7-8 weeks after bowl season?

yea no...ain’t happening. Won’t work.

guarantee you there’s going to be a kickoff on Sept 5.. in Jack Trice.
South Dakota State already telling Nebraska that they will not test their football players due to cost...their game scheduled for 19 Sep...Nebraska told SDSU no test no game no pay.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_739ba35e-bf76-530e-8cc5-5bd3806d3d22.html

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So I believe the Ivy league is thinking of doing this because their season doesn't start for a few weeks into the regular college football season.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
So I believe the Ivy league is thinking of doing this because their season doesn't start for a few weeks into the regular college football season.

They also don't participate in the FCS playoffs, so there's no lost championship opportunity.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
You should go get an antibody test and find out.

Where is it concretely confirmed as .5%? I've seen that out there as an estimate along with thinking way more have had it, but I've yet to see a positive antibody result for a community that's very high.

The answer to that is a Cave answer, to be honest. It's all about media and political consumption.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Just heard from an ISU AD staff member that I work with on another project: It’s highly unlikely that fans will be in the stadium(s) this fall, JP just riding the wave until he can’t anymore. 50/50 right now if there is a season at all. Schools/conferences/NCAA are more unified than people/media think they are. If one conference can’t/won’t play, then no one will.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron