Spring 2017 Volleyball Schedule?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I can't wait to see what Piper brings to the table. An offensive 6' 1" setter and blocker is going to be fun to watch.
I watched her play at Roosevelt with only one hitting threat. I'm excited to see what see can do with options all around her.

Reactions: Cyfan1965

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
At UNI, Iowa State will play, in order, Western Illinois, UNI, Drake, Northern Illinois and Iowa.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Alumni Gathering for Match Against the Gophers - Univ. of Minn. Campus

The Iowa State Cyclone volleyball team will travel to the Twin Cities to take on the Golden Gophers on Saturday, April 22 as part of their spring exhibition schedule. Stop by Buffalo Wild Wings (next door to the Sports Pavilion) between 12:30 and 2 p.m. for a pregame gathering. Be there by 1:30 p.m. if you want to walk over to the game with the group. This is a great opportunity to see our team in person.

It's an afternoon game and admission is free! This is a family friendly opportunity! See you for lunch and a drawing for door prizes. We will also be giving out mini ISU volleyballs to our first 50 fans. Coach Christy Johnson-Lynch will stop by if her schedule allows.

Who's Invited:
All area ISU alumni, family, friends and fans

When:
Saturday, April 22
12:30-2 p.m. pregame gathering at Buffalo Wild Wings
2:30 p.m. game

Where:
Pregame gathering: Buffalo Wild Wings
http://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/locations/Detail/0292
2001 University Ave SE

Game: Gopher Sports Pavilion
http://www.gophersports.com/facilities/sports-pavilion.html
1925 University Ave SE

Cost:
Admission to the volleyball game is free! Food and drink on your own.

Parking:
Convenient public parking is available in the ramp just across University Avenue from the Sports Pavilion. Please do not park in the Buffalo Wild Wings lot during the match.

Join the conversation, watch for updates, and let us know you're coming on our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/iowastatealumnitwincities/

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
We are going to miss it this weekend. Would have been fun we saw them in Mt Vernon a couple years ago against IL. I remember thinking that girl from London can really smash a ball. Go Clones!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Badger providing a Facebook feed from match tonight in Manchester. ISU lost first set 22-25

Disappointed in my old hometown, like nobody there. 300 or so watching on video maybe 100-200 at match. Badgers missed Final Four by a whisker last year and ISU is home state team and nobody shows in a town with some volleyball success.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
18011040_1335217666525529_4097105247224020910_n.jpg

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Schaben did not play. Jess may have changed the outcome if she had been at OH.

I am surprised the place was not packed. People were probably over at the Super-Duper Walmart or had ventured up to Strawberry Point for a good time instead.:p

Had other plans for a Friday evening so, I did not watch the feed and hope it replayed on CyTV.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I am surprised the place was not packed. People were probably over at the Super-Duper Walmart or had ventured up to Strawberry Point for a good time instead.:p

Had other plans for a Friday evening so, I did not watch the feed and hope it replayed on CyTV.

The feed pooped out in the 2nd set. It was just a single angle from the back...not much to see in the 2nd since it only showed the Badgers....would have been us in the 3rd. I heard the crowd was mostly on the side not shown in the pictures, but still boo hiss to my old homies.

Summary from ISU:

MANCHESTER, Iowa – In a three-set match on Friday night, Wisconsin defeated Iowa State 2-1 (22-25, 27-25, 22-25) at West Delaware High School. The teams mutually agreed to wrap up the match after three sets, allowing ISU to get to Minneapolis for Saturday's match against Minnesota.

Iowa State was led by 10 kills at a .533 hitting percentage by Samara West , while Genesis Miranda recorded nine kills. Hali Hillegas led the Cyclone back row with 11 digs.

The Cyclones played the entirety of the match in its 6-2 offense, with Monique Harris dishing out 21 assists, and Piper Mauck posting 18. Harris also recorded five digs. Behind the service line, the jump serve of Josie Herbst recorded two aces.

The Cyclones' continued shortage of outside hitters meant Grace Lazard continued to get time out of the back row, and she continued to deliver. The Londoner finished with six kills, three of them coming out of the back row.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Badger providing a Facebook feed from match tonight in Manchester. ISU lost first set 22-25

Disappointed in my old hometown, like nobody there. 300 or so watching on video maybe 100-200 at match. Badgers missed Final Four by a whisker last year and ISU is home state team and nobody shows in a town with some volleyball success.
I don't know what you can expect for a scrimmage on a Friday night, to be fair.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We dress 10 tomorrow, Gophers have a 14 player roster for spring. They lost some big hitters but have their Big 10 Setter of The Year (and 1st Team All-American) back for two more years.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Question for you volleyball boys and girls. I see we are running 6-2 again. Does anyone playing at the higher levels in NCAA do this and make it work? Think this will change come fall?

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO

Had other plans for a Friday evening so, I did not watch the feed and hope it replayed on CyTV.[/QU

Ahhhh, Backbone State Park. Home to many a graduating senior picnic in my day

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Watched the Cyclones play five sets against the Gopher this afternoon. Gophers are coming off of two straight Final Fours. We won the first two sets and then lost the next three. We looked a little tired late in the match (we played three sets last night and then roadtripped to Mpls). They stopped after 4 sets but decided to add the fifth, I am guessing because it had been so close and competitive.

We looked really good in those first two sets and played with a lot of spirit and emotion for most of the match. Man, it did not seem like exhibition at all. Miranda got banged up late and had to leave the match, she's okay, but that left us even more short on outside hitters. Grace was crushing some hits. Gopher fans were asking me later "Who was that gal hitting the rockets?".

Those in attendance saw some really good volleyball. The Gopher fans around us told us they were not really expecting the match to be that fiercely competitive. Lots of fun to watch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron