Sports Spotlight football preview-Lazard

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
For those of you who don't know (which I'm sure is just about all of you), I graduated from Iowa this spring and started working at Sports Spotlight magazine in Des Moines (formerly the Iowa Sports Connection).

Just giving you guys a head's up to keep an eye out for the August (high school football preview) issue, which will hit the racks in every Casey's across the state at least a week before the first game kicks off. That's because there will be a feature story on Lazard, written by me. I'll be interviewing Allen (and hopefully his dad) Thursday morning, and I can't tell you how excited I am to get this story off the ground!

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
For those of you who don't know (which I'm sure is just about all of you), I graduated from Iowa this spring and started working at Sports Spotlight magazine in Des Moines (formerly the Iowa Sports Connection).

Just giving you guys a head's up to keep an eye out for the August (high school football preview) issue, which will hit the racks in every Casey's across the state at least a week before the first game kicks off. That's because there will be a feature story on Lazard, written by me. I'll be interviewing Allen (and hopefully his dad) Thursday morning, and I can't tell you how excited I am to get this story off the ground!
Thanks for the heads-up -- looking forward to your story! BTW, good luck in your new job!

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Just an update: I had the chance to sit down with Allen today after a photo shoot and got some pretty good stuff from him. I won't divulge much in the way of details, but I'll say this much: Anybody who's concerned that he might change his mind, you don't have to worry, IMO.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Just an update: I had the chance to sit down with Allen today after a photo shoot and got some pretty good stuff from him. I won't divulge much in the way of details, but I'll say this much: Anybody who's concerned that he might change his mind, you don't have to worry, IMO.

I wasn't worried but good to hear. As I am in TX, is this going to be online anywhere? What I would give for a Caseys Pizza....

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I wasn't worried but good to hear. As I am in TX, is this going to be online anywhere? What I would give for a Caseys Pizza....

If you go to sportsspotlight.com, there's a web pdf on the right side of the page that you can click on to read online. Currently, we don't post stories from the monthly magazine on the site as regular linked articles, so the pdf is your only option right now.

Here's the link to our current issue, which will be on the newsstand sometime next week.

http://www.sportsspotlight.com/magazine.cfm

Last edited:

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
One final update on this story. It's completely finished, and we'll be sending the magazine .pdf to the printer tomorrow afternoon. So it should be on the shelves in a week or so. I'm absolutely thrilled with how it turned out, and I hope you all will be, too.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
The magazine should start hitting shelves in Casey's on Monday. Depending on when your nearest Casey's receives its deliveries, it could be later in the week (I'm told it takes most of the week to get it across the whole state). We also will have an extended online version with about 50 more pages previewing every district across the state.

Here are a couple sneak peeks at the print version:

View attachment 21264 View attachment 21265