Spencer Petras vs Zach Wilson

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
I’ll give anyone the benefit of the doubt if they don’t bring it up. I don’t think Twins brought that game up, it was Nate Stanley (the account) who brought up that game and tried to use that game to say Nate Stanley (current Minnesota Viking) is better than Brock Purdy.
Lol I was not saying Stanley is better than Purdy. I was saying that many ISU fans say Stanley wasn’t very good, yet he outplayed the alleged goat of the QB position in the state of Iowa

• Disagree
Reactions: CyPunch

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How can you even say this when Campbell has yet to beat Iowa?
If you would’ve asked me back in 2014 who I’d rather beat, Iowa or OU, I’d no doubt choose Iowa. I don’t even think I’d ever seen us beat OU so it felt like an easy answer.

Now, it’s an easier answer. I’d much rather lose to Iowa than OU because the loss to OU could hurt our chances at making the Big 12 title game. No different than you would probably want to beat Wisconsin over Iowa State because there are actual implications to the Wisconsin game.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Beating Alabama is a bigger deal to Iowa fans under KF than beating Michigan.

Do you really think finishing 7 spots higher in the final AP poll one season means you have surpassed Iowa as a program?
And ISU returns everyone and have Dekkers and Brock and Sanders and Iowa has yet another round of unknown MAC recruits. It remains to be seen if they too can live up to 'the Iowa way' and overachieve to the level of another Outback Bowl like the majority of the last two decades.

Last edited:

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
If you would’ve asked me back in 2014 who I’d rather beat, Iowa or OU, I’d no doubt choose Iowa. I don’t even think I’d ever seen us beat OU so it felt like an easy answer.

Now, it’s an easier answer. I’d much rather lose to Iowa than OU because the loss to OU could hurt our chances at making the Big 12 title game. No different than you would probably want to beat Wisconsin over Iowa State because there are actual implications to the Wisconsin game.
Stop being such a rational person. We can’t handle this.

• Friendly
Reactions: Statefan10

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
And ISU returns everyone and have Dekkers and Brock and Sanders and Iowa has yet another round of uknown MAC recruits. It remains to be seen if they too can live up to 'the Iowa way' and overachieve to the level of another Outback Bowl like the majority of the last two decades.
now we know you're drinking early on a Friday when you bring up recruiting and the last 2 decades

Reactions: ClockHawk69

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
And ISU returns everyone and have Dekkers and Brock and Sanders and Iowa has yet another round of uknown MAC recruits. It remains to be seen if they too can live up to 'the Iowa way' and overachieve to the level of another Outback Bowl like the majority of the last two decades.
Iowa’s last class was a round of unknown MAC recruits? What a take that is!

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
LOL. whoa there. Your "program" has surpassed Iowa despite not beating them and 1 season of ending up ranked ahead of them. Pump the brakes just a little. You guys will be good next year too due to so many guys returning but it's 2022 that will be the real measuring stick of where you are at after you lose Purdy, Hall, Milton, Kolar etc.... Dropoff will be expected but how much will be the question.
Of course ISU is set up for this year and is going to drop off next. That's not really relevant. The past doesn't matter when you're talking about the state of the program as compared to Iowa moving forward from right now. Comparing the resume of what's been done at Iowa under Ferentz as a whole and what's been done under ISU under campbell is another matter entirely.

Expert

Mar 4, 2021

You mean the classes of unknown MAC recruits that consistently are ranked higher and have better offers than ISU's classes?

ClockHawk69

Mar 18, 2021
Iowa
Did you not pay any attention to the top 25 class Iowa just brought in, with multiple 4 star recruits, along with having one of the best offensive line classes in the country?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lol I was not saying Stanley is better than Purdy. I was saying that ISU fans say Stanley wasn’t any good, yet he outplayed the alleged goat of the QB position in the state of Iowa
Again, using one game to justify anything is ridiculous. Lol

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Iowa’s last class was a round of unknown MAC recruits? What a take that is!
Iowa recruits against themselves. Much like Barta negotiates against himself. You can't tout Iowa as this standard of unheralded player development and at the same time ignore the fact that rarely does a recruit without Iowa ties choose Iowa over other comparable P5 destinations.