Spencer Jones

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Steve, what is GG? Yeah that is the bad part of boxing (getting hit). I’ve always liked Mike Tyson’s quote, “everyone has a great plan until they get punched in the face.”

Gold gloves. I don't recall, maybe it was just belonging to a club. Didn't matter, as I recall it was just a get together by some guys to see what we had. And if he wasn't....he sure looked it after dealing with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: cymac2408

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
So you shouldn't fight to defend yourself if you know how to defend yourself? America is so stupid.

It doesn't mean you can't defend yourself. I means that if you can kill or permanently injure someone with your bare hands, you should show some restraint.

I don't think the guy should get sued, but he probably shouldn't have shattered Jones' orbital bone and potentially blinded him either.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It doesn't mean you can't defend yourself. I means that if you can kill or permanently injure someone with your bare hands, you should show some restraint.

I don't think the guy should get sued, but he probably shouldn't have shattered Jones' orbital bone and potentially blinded him either.

My guess is that it happened from the initial punch. When MMA guy gave the little slap with his left after wiping his blood, that would've made Jones turn his head just a bit, directly into the oncoming hard right. Slick move.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I know it's 2021 and people all feel like they have to take one side or another but there is no good guy in this situation. Jones was a total douche but the self defense angle goes away when you're on top of someone beating them to a pulp and they aren't fighting back. This guy never felt threatened, he wanted to fight, he knew what skills he possessed and waited for the right time to make his move, Jones walked right in to it.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I know it's 2021 and people all feel like they have to take one side or another but there is no good guy in this situation. Jones was a total douche but the self defense angle goes away when you're on top of someone beating them to a pulp and they aren't fighting back. This guy never felt threatened, he wanted to fight, he knew what skills he possessed and waited for the right time to make his move, Jones walked right in to it.
Converse to my experience, friend of mine was women's GG champ in Iowa decade or so ago. Some guy head butt her in a bar and broke her nose so she beat him so bad he needed facial reconstructive surgery.

Her response to the judge asking why she didn't stop was how would she know that he wouldn't pick up a chair and attack her with it? All charges were dropped and the guy was the son of the sheriff of the town. I think there's a little more leeway in this than most people are giving.

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY and heitclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Converse to my experience, friend of mine was women's GG champ in Iowa decade or so ago. some guy had butt her in a bar and broke her nose so she beat him so bad he needed facial reconstructive surgery.

Her response to the judge asking why she didn't stop was how would she know that he wouldn't pick up a chair and attack her with it? All charges were dropped and the guy was the son of the sheriff of the town. I think there's a little more leeway in this than most people are giving.

I agree but I also don't buy any angle that this guy is a victim. He was willing and ready to fight. I don't think he should get sued but he's also not some innocent guy in all of this. Of course, this is just based off of what we've seen, I think whatever happened before the video is probably more telling about what happened than that clip.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I agree but I also don't buy any angle that this guy is a victim. He was willing and ready to fight. I don't think he should get sued but he's also not some innocent guy in all of this. Of course, this is just based off of what we've seen, I think whatever happened before the video is probably more telling about what happened than that clip.
Just curious which guy are you talking about here?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

This is where I'm at. The two football pricks looked like they didn't have a hair out of place at the beginning of the video, while this guy had a bloody face and shirt. Then they were asking "what you got?" and calling him b*tch. Then they shoved him. To me that = justifiably getting your sh*t stomped. And I agree with above poster, if he lets the guy go how does he know he won't get attacked from behind as he leaves? Expecting someone to know the precise moment to end a fight, short of the other guy being knocked out, is tough.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think whatever happened before the video is probably more telling about what happened than that clip.
Exactly, that's why the phone was out recording. Something happened and as normal anymore, people pull out their phones to capture what happens next.
I doubt the guy walked into the bathroom with his video turned on just to document his trip to the urinal

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I mean he was basically asking his brother if he should or not. That's responsible in my opinion. Dude pushed him and verbally antagonized it, not sure how you could call the guys who lost victims.

I actually think he was asking his brother which one he wanted. Which is pretty badass.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I mean he was basically asking his brother if he should or not. That's responsible in my opinion. Dude pushed him and verbally antagonized it, not sure how you could call the guys who lost victims.
I actually think he was asking his brother which one he wanted. Which is pretty badass.
It was probably the latter, but they will say it was the former in court.

Yeah, it was brutal, but it was pretty clear that "whatcha got *****" nor his homie were innocent in this. I don't get how they should get money because they lost a fight they clearly started. To me the fight starts when you bloody someone and continue to shove them, not when they hit you back.