Speed camera violation

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
The revenue is earmarked for something, does anyone know where it is going? Most don't care where it is going. Most argue points that ignore this issue of where this money goes.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
As far as parking tickets, I think they should be issued to the person who actually committed the act, so yes I have a problem with those as well. If you can report the true operator and the ticket will be issued to them what is stopping me from saying that Clonehomer was the one who was speeding in my car? How about I just say John Doe was driving and I don't have their address? What if I borrowed my car to a homeless dude but I never caught his name?

So if I'm driving a rental car then Hertz should be on the hook for the speeding ticket?

Read your rental agreement. The ticket cost will be sent to you and you are responsible for it.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
For those spouting about safety why not just change the speed limit to 15 MPH? Wouldn't that be more safe? Now don't whine about needing to get somewhere quicker at the risk of safety. Maybe 15 MPH is too high.

Then in the name of safety let's issue tickets at 16 MPH. We can't have people going almost double the speed limit at 26 MPH before we issue tickets. It's a limit / law right... Just don't break it and there is no risk of fine. Target 10 MPH for safety.

Then let's get rid of all radios except for emergency settings, make cell phones inoperable, forget cruise, and make sure we use government dollars to just design one "safe" mandatory car and get rid of choice in the name of safety... no need for sporty looking cars, rear wheel drive, large vehicles that may hurt pedestrians at the 15 MPH limit. Any old cars without updated belt, heck... any car period except the government "safe" car should be scrapped immediately.

Now don't whine about your freedoms in the name of safety... how dare you argue when the government decides that you should be tagged and watched 24/7 in the name of safety.

:mad:

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mkadl
The revenue is earmarked for something, does anyone know where it is going? Most don't care where it is going. Most argue points that ignore this issue of where this money goes.

Who cares; it goes the same place all other moving violation fines go.

Thats funny, Happy Thanksgiving VeloClone.

Reactions: VeloClone

ZombieCyclone

Sep 4, 2010
don't pay it, request documentation on the calibration dates and frequency of the radar in the "governments ATM machine"

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I hate the cameras as much as anyone, however, I have never got a red light or speeding ticket from one. I think going 71+ on I235 is excessive and a officer in a car would pull you over for that as well. It's a busy stretch through the heart of town which is why it's 60 mph and not 70. I don't think raising the speed limit will do any good with as many on/off exits on that stretch it would probably cause more accidents with all the merging traffic going on.

Saying the cameras make it safer is BS though. Most of the accidents on I235 happen during rush hour where you are lucky if traffic is even going the speed limit so the cameras are worthless then. The DOT denied Windsor Heights request to put cameras on their 1.5 mile stretch of I235 and instead are adding another lane between the 63rd and 8th street exits which is where it bottlenecks during rush hour. A lot of the traffic problems on I235 are from poor engineering designs and the DOT has gradually been trying to fix them with new lanes or changing up the on/off ramps at some spots.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
For those spouting about safety why not just change the speed limit to 15 MPH? Wouldn't that be more safe? Now don't whine about needing to get somewhere quicker at the risk of safety. Maybe 15 MPH is too high.

Then in the name of safety let's issue tickets at 16 MPH. We can't have people going almost double the speed limit at 26 MPH before we issue tickets. It's a limit / law right... Just don't break it and there is no risk of fine. Target 10 MPH for safety.

Then let's get rid of all radios except for emergency settings, make cell phones inoperable, forget cruise, and make sure we use government dollars to just design one "safe" mandatory car and get rid of choice in the name of safety... no need for sporty looking cars, rear wheel drive, large vehicles that may hurt pedestrians at the 15 MPH limit. Any old cars without updated belt, heck... any car period except the government "safe" car should be scrapped immediately.

Now don't whine about your freedoms in the name of safety... how dare you argue when the government decides that you should be tagged and watched 24/7 in the name of safety.

Derp.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

You sound like the kind of guy who thinks it should be legal to drive drunk as long as said driver can stand unassisted for 7 seconds.