Speaking of series finales

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Fox should be ashamed of themselves for how they forced Married With Children to end. If any show in that network's history deserved to go out with a real series finale, it was Married.
I can't remember how it ended exactly, but remember how they bounced it's timeslot all over the place during the last season. It's too bad because the last season was better than the previous couple of seasons as they got away from the No Maam stuff and back to Al's interaction with his family.
That show carried the Fox network in the early years and really deserved bettter than that.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Agreed. First, I'm really hoping that 24's producers don't **** up what's largely been a decent (although predictable) season and end the series on a sour note with a crappy finale, and second, I'm almost hoping Jack Bauer dies tonight. That guy's put up with so much crap over the last decade it's time to put him out of his misery.

I may be wrong, but don't they complete filming the season before it begins airing? They didn't decide for sure to cancel the show until mid-way through the season, so I'm not expecting any kind of series finale type ending.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I may be wrong, but don't they complete filming the season before it begins airing? They didn't decide for sure to cancel the show until mid-way through the season, so I'm not expecting any kind of series finale type ending.

Not entirely, at least in most cases. There is some overlap, otherwise we would have known early on this would be 24's final season. They probably didn't come to that decision until they finished filming this last season. That being said, when they cancelled Kings last year, the set had been dismantled and the actors had moved on to other projects long before they showed the series finale.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Agreed. First, I'm really hoping that 24's producers don't **** up what's largely been a decent (although predictable) season and end the series on a sour note with a crappy finale, and second, I'm almost hoping Jack Bauer dies tonight. That guy's put up with so much crap over the last decade it's time to put him out of his misery.
This season of 24 has been less than thrilling until the last few episodes. It's like they tried being too PC and finally Jack has had enough. He has been kicking serious butt these last few shows and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

tccoach

Apr 22, 2006
Iowa
Moonlighting - Bruce Willis - the show really dropped off in the last 2 seasons...but the finale was pretty good.

Cheers - Great Show...good finale but agree that Diane should not have been brought back.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
I can't remember how it ended exactly, but remember how they bounced it's timeslot all over the place during the last season. It's too bad because the last season was better than the previous couple of seasons as they got away from the No Maam stuff and back to Al's interaction with his family.
That show carried the Fox network in the early years and really deserved bettter than that.

I believe the last episode was Kelly's wedding where she married some rich dude - maybe the Weenie-Tot heir? And that was pretty much it. I think I read somewhere that the cast didn't know it had been canceled while they filmed the last episode. Yes, it deserves better. It was the first hit that Fox ever had I think.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I wish I'd never watched the last episode (and subsequent spin-off movie) of Twin Peaks. All it did was make me mad. I liked the first season so much better than the second, but the finale really didn't do it for me.

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX
Good show, worst ending ever.

Did anyone watch the show Life on Mars. It only lasted 1 season then got cancelled, but they still made a series finally. Most disappointing ending EVER!!! The show was filled with mysteries. The main character was a cop and after a car accident was somehow sent back in time to be a cop in the 70s. Had some great story lines and characters with the whole 70s cop theme. The mysteries were strange phone calls from someone that knew why he was there, seeing little mars rover like robots in various places, and just a feeling like the main character was being watched and was sent to the 70s for a reason. He even ran into his parents and learned some things he hadn't known about them.

Suddenly, they cancelled the show, but made a finally to end it. After all the strange happenings, several of the characters woke up on a space shuttle to Mars. The whole story was a simulated dream package the the main character chose for his "hybernation" time while traveling to Mars. When he woke up, he told them their was a glitch in the programming and he was seeing flashes of his real life mixed in with the dream sequence. I was never so p!ssed to have wasted my time. I wish I never saw the finally, because the show before it was actually very good.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I wish I'd never watched the last episode (and subsequent spin-off movie) of Twin Peaks. All it did was make me mad. I liked the first season so much better than the second, but the finale really didn't do it for me.

David Lynch's ending's usually make me mad.

Reactions: Angie

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

And you probably win the award for being the only person on this site to see the finale of Twin Peaks! :jimlad: (it's a show I probably would enjoy now, but back in 1990-92 I certainly wasn't mature enough to enjoy a show like that. In fact, at that time I still found Full House entertaining)

Reactions: Angie

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I liked most everything about the BSG finale except the end with Starbuck.. that was a serious copout when they wrote themselves into a corner.
Agreed. The starbuck thing was just odd. I loved the whole 'cycle repeating' thing, and that they were supposed to just be our ancestors. I also thought it was particularly good when Baltar realized he'd be a farmer... after the episode earlier where he talked about how he grew up on the farming planet (whatever its name was) and spent so much time trying to get away from that and changing his voice to not sound like he was from there...

I loved the episode where she was at the piano though, and starts playing the 'final 5' theme.... and Tigh going "what the frack?".

Since theres at least a few BSG fans on here, any of yall watched caprica yet? i've got the whole first season on my tivo, but havent watched it yet.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You liked Scrubs: Med School? I liked the final REAL season of scrubs where the whole cast was together and JD and Elliot ended up together, but the Med School idea was just dumb.

Agreed. I gave it a few episodes, but it was a failure. Hell, it wouldve been better had they tried to keep running with the new class of interns they had in that last 'real' season of scrubs (and i agree, the last REAL season of scrubs ended with 'my finale')

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Was never a big Trekkie, but the finale of Star Trek: TNG was rather interesting. Picard goes on trial in front of an uber-intelligent race, accused of destroying human life on Earth. Investigates in three different time periods as to why this "space anomaly" suddenly appears, but seems to be shrinking with the passage of time, only to find out that his most-future self is causing the anomaly by searching for it and it was growing backwards into time, threatening to destroy the space-time continuum all the way back to the origins of Earth where the necessary amino acids would not combine, therefore rendering life on Earth unable to evolve. It was a twist I was not expecting.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Agreed. I gave it a few episodes, but it was a failure. Hell, it wouldve been better had they tried to keep running with the new class of interns they had in that last 'real' season of scrubs (and i agree, the last REAL season of scrubs ended with 'my finale')

Yup, I actually liked the interns on season 8. I could have lived with them taking over the new show. The med students were not funny and annoying. That pot head dude would never become doctor.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Was never a big Trekkie, but the finale of Star Trek: TNG

FYI I've been setting my tivo to record the episodes that are on WGN at midnight and watching them every so often... the finale ('all good things') is on this thursday and friday night, if you felt like watching it.

Reactions: jdoggivjc

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I believe the last episode was Kelly's wedding where she married some rich dude - maybe the Weenie-Tot heir? And that was pretty much it. I think I read somewhere that the cast didn't know it had been canceled while they filmed the last episode. Yes, it deserves better. It was the first hit that Fox ever had I think.
Ah yes, Kelly's wedding. Married was one of Fox's original 2 shows. The other being The Tracy Ulman show. Naturally, the critics loved Tracy Ulman and panned Married.