MLB: Sox and Cards Talking Rasmus

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
I'm relatively displeased. I feel like St. Louis could have gotten more out of this than they did. I'll leave it at that.
I'm telling ya........Duncan picks his pitchers with a reason. I'll wait and see what he does and won't be surprise when they get remarkably better.

Cyclone_Grav

Jul 13, 2007
Des Moines
I'm telling ya........Duncan picks his pitchers with a reason. I'll wait and see what he does and won't be surprise when they get remarkably better.

This... I can't count how many times I've scratched my head at a pitcher the cards have either traded for or signed only to have them go on to win 15 or 16 games and post a 3.75 ERA. I have just learned that when Dave Duncan says "this guy is worth getting" to just go along with it and watch the magic happen.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I'm not doubting Edwin Jackson's ability, at all. I'm doubting the fact that we gave up 3+ years of Rasmus at a cheap price for 2 months of Jackson.

Rasmus is a bust in my opinion. Edwin Jackson is probably a slight upgrade to what we have in the rotation, but they should have delt Rasmus sooner. He is not good in the outfield and his bat is questionable.

waynemorgan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2007
What are you suppose to do with a guy that doesn't listen to team coaches and hits .240??????

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Wow...it appears the Cardinals got owned in this trade. But I have to give them the benefit of the doubt since they've done so well.

It's too bad the Blue Jays are in the AL East -- they are making some really good deals the last couple of years.

waynemorgan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2007
Not many cards trades end up too bad (2nd most world series championships) so I will continue to believe!!!!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Yesterday (I think), I had 1700 on for a few minutes just after noon. They were interviewing Quade, mentioned the great season that Bryan LaHair is having in Des Moines playing 1B (.348, 28 HR, 78 RBIs), asking if he was going to get a shot.

Quade's answer: "LaHair knows the things that he needs to work on, and right now, we have a first basemen who's playing awfully well."

I couldn't believe it. I'm sure that LaHair won't hit .348 in the majors, but I don't see what he can't offer that Carlos Pena can.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Rasmus -

Strikes out 23% of ABs
.332 on-base %
.420 slugging %
Don't forget that .240 batting average

Yeah I think he's pretty much a bust.
gocubs just can't stand it -- we just got better, I'm Dave Duncan sure of it!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron