Source: Marty to appear on SoundOFF

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
My guess would be WHO asked KXNO for the audio, and KXNO gave it to them.

Why in the world would KXNO give WHO-TV the audio? Without the recorded audio out there on the web for everybody and God to listen to, this wouldn't have been nearly as big a deal as it turned out to be.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Why in the world would KXNO give WHO-TV the audio? Without the recorded audio out there on the web for everybody and God to listen to, this wouldn't have been nearly as big a deal as it turned out to be.

because when you make enemies like Marty has over the years...someone is always looking to plant the knife.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

I'm not sure, but I would guess that they are somehow required too provide it under the Fredom of Information Act.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
because when you make enemies like Marty has over the years...someone is always looking to plant the knife.

Don't get me wrong. It's possible--even probable--that a KXNO employee (or now former employee) leaked the audio. I just seriously doubt it was authorized by KXNO, which chuckd seems to be saying in his post.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I'm not sure, but I would guess that they are somehow required too provide it under the Fredom of Information Act.

The Freedom of Information Act has to do with public/government records. It has nothing to do with news organizations or radio audio.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The Freedom of Information Act has to do with public/government records. It has nothing to do with news organizations or radio audio.

I understand that. I agree with you that it would be a little odd for KXNO to distribute the audio, but I highly doubt someone leaked it out. There are so many exceptions to laws, and I would not doubt that there is something that binds KXNO to release the information.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I understand that. I agree with you that it would be a little odd for KXNO to distribute the audio, but I highly doubt someone leaked it out. There are so many exceptions to laws, and I would not doubt that there is something that binds KXNO to release the information.

Well, I won't tell you that you're wrong because I guess I don't know one way or the other. Let's just say I strongly disagree. :wink:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Well, I won't tell you that you're wrong because I guess I don't know one way or the other. Let's just say I strongly disagree. :wink:

...and I am not saying I am right. I have no clue. I just highly doubt anybody leaked the information out to WHO.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa

The fact that KXNO was recording (not all stations record everything that is said on their programming) and as fast as it got to WHO-TV there is no question somebody leaked it and was trying to get Marty fired.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The fact that KXNO was recording (not all stations record everything that is said on their programming) and as fast as it got to WHO-TV there is no question somebody leaked it and was trying to get Marty fired.

Classic conspiracy theory...

I'm sure both Jon Miller and Chris Hassel know how the tape was received by WHO, care to share?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron