Sound Off Tweet - This is too easy

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
So a bunch of people behind a keyboard are picking on a person's face, voice, hair, etc. And think Sears is the douche? It must be nice to be so likable and personable that you can fire away. I get it, the guy called us Clowns and kept belaboring the interview with Allen about committing to us. But according to CW he is a good dude, at least I thought so.

But hey, it's the internet, we can continue to be jerks because the guy is a Hawk fan.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
53406103-4A1B-477B-9FE8-2E6E00DD2C50.png
So a bunch of people behind a keyboard are picking on a person's face, voice, hair, etc. And think Sears is the douche? It must be nice to be so likable and personable that you can fire away. I get it, the guy called us Clowns and kept belaboring the interview with Allen about committing to us. But according to CW he is a good dude, at least I thought so.

But hey, it's the internet, we can continue to be jerks because the guy is a Hawk fan.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Why the animosity towards Sears? I don't watch local tv so its an honest question

His ass should have been fired when he called us Clowns on the air. Only good thing is everyone knows he's a hawk homer so you know his bias, and temper any expectations of decent reporting.

ISU4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Doesn't really matter to me what his teams affiliation is, I just don't care for his little head and shoulder wag that he seems to do sometimes when he is done talking.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Keith Murphy still gives us a pretty fair shot. So much so that hawk fans call him an ISU homer. He's generally honest about both programs.

October was a glorious month on local radio with all the Hawk fans getting pissy about the (deserved) coverage ISU was getting.

Some idiot called in after the TCU game and accused Andy of being a Cyclone homer. Seriously.

• Funny
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
What was his bit about it being cruel for Cyclone fans to make their kids wear Iowa State gear?

Right and he did many Hawk bits and Nebraska Bits also. Except everytime he did one. The dumb people in each fan base would have a heart attack and start calling him a home for this team or that team. Just dumb

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I’m trying to imagine Hawkeye fan reaction to this kind of coverage:

1. They have a legacy recruit in football who may be their top recruit ever. During an interview, reporter badgers recruit repeatedly that he is too good for the lowly Iowa football program.
2. Reporter is so used to referring to the Hawks by some childish derogatory nickname that he refers to them by it on the air. Not only is he not disciplined for it, but they send him to cover Hawk games, so he makes a point of showing up in either Cyclone or the opposing team’s colors.
3. Reporter goes on lengthy rant that Hawkeye athletics are so pathetic that their fans should just give up, they are abusing their children by taking them to games and dressing them in team colors. Either he is serious or he is joking about child abuse in a state where people are adopting foster kids for the money and starving them to death.
4. Numerous other not very subtle digs not only on TV but at least eight affiliated DM metro radio stations. They do throw a bone to Hawk fans and hire one token Hawk reporter for a radio show.

This is the fan base that tried to pass legislation about the Stanford band, I doubt they would be fanboys of this coverage. And it may be even more pervasive if the Tribune/Sinclair deal is approved.

Cyclone fans wonder why we can’t dominate the hearts of the DM metro when it is 25 miles away. When a large chunk of the media is constantly pointing out our inferiority in subtle and not so subtle ways, it is going to take a vastly superior product in the major sports.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Sears looks like somebody used that software that ages missing kids so you can see what they'd look like as adults...except in reverse. Like he was an adult and then his face got all squished down...except his fat tongue.

• Funny
Reactions: stateofmind

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Right and he did many Hawk bits and Nebraska Bits also. Except everytime he did one. The dumb people in each fan base would have a heart attack and start calling him a home for this team or that team. Just dumb

What does Nebraska have to do with this? Both Iowa and Iowa State(his audience) hate them. What are the Hawk bits that you're referring to?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron