Sooners are now a Jordan school

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Jordan usually puts out some good stuff. Hopefully they'll compete with Nike better than UA and ADIDAS have

• Optimistic
Reactions: tolstoy

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I read somewhere how much ISU makes off of the Nike deal..it's like among the worst in the Power 5. I don't know when it is renegotiated but I think we can be a bit more pickier..

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I read somewhere how much ISU makes off of the Nike deal..it's like among the worst in the Power 5. I don't know when it is renegotiated but I think we can be a bit more pickier..
I'd prefer only Nike, Jordan, or UA.
ISU was Adidas under Eustachy and they were awful unis.
At least we aren't GA Tech, they are like Russell or Riddell.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
doesn't look like it.
Iowa State’s Nike contract
This deal, which expires on June 30, 2024, includes $1 million in apparel and $15,000 in cash to the school this school year.

All footwear and equipment, according to the contract, is purchased at 10 percent below wholesale pricing.

Uniforms are purchased at wholesale.

The contract escalates to a total of $1.5 million in apparel and cash in the 2018-19 school year and to $1.76 million during the contract’s final three years.

The performance bonuses for the football team are $2,500 for participating in the Big 12 Conference championship game and $5,000 for winning that game, and $10,000 for playing in a BCS bowl and $30,000 for winning the national title.

In men’s basketball, it’s $5,000 for Sweet 16 participation, $7,500 for the Elite Eight, $10,000 for the Final Four and $30,000 for winning the NCAA Tournament.

Women’s basketball incentives are the same, except that it’s $25,000 for winning the national title.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-contracts-nike-under-armour-adidas/89788040/

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
ISU was Adidas under Eustachy and they were awful unis.

Ah, the good old days, when...

Men's basketball was Adidas.
Women's basketball was Nike.
Football was Russell Athletic.
Wrestling was ASICS and Cliff Keen.
Softball was Easton (I believe).

You get the picture.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Ah, the good old days, when...

Men's basketball was Adidas.
Women's basketball was Nike.
Football was Russell Athletic.
Wrestling was ASICS and Cliff Keen.
Softball was Easton (I believe).

You get the picture.

I miss being an Our Family brand school

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Jordan gear is exactly the same as Nike gear. No surprise by now, I live in Michigan. Michigan is a Jordan school, MSU is a Nike school. All you have to do is walk into any ****'s to realize that all of the gear - T-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, shorts, polos, etc. - are exactly the same, the only differences being the colors per each school and the brand logo.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Jordan gear is exactly the same as Nike gear. No surprise by now, I live in Michigan. Michigan is a Jordan school, MSU is a Nike school. All you have to do is walk into any ****'s to realize that all of the gear - T-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, shorts, polos, etc. - are exactly the same, the only differences being the colors per each school and the brand logo.

Of course it's the same. Nike really is Jordan, they own the Jordan brand. There is no difference, it's just like Chevy and GMC, they are the same thing.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Of course it's the same. Nike really is Jordan, they own the Jordan brand. There is no difference, it's just like Chevy and GMC, they are the same thing.
I loved the Jordan grey warmups ISU had at one of the NCAA tourney games (one of Niangs later years). I haven't ever seen those for sale.