Sonya Heitshusen was forced out at Ch 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You might want to reread what the OP wrote. You do realize that “possible” and “automatically assume” are not the same thing, right?

Just use a little common sense. (Sorry, you earned that one)
The point is that it's just as much a problem when people like that poster automatically reach for any possible way that a woman could be lying when she tells her story. It is all too frequent in our society and that's exactly what he was doing.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
The point is that it's just as much a problem when people like that poster automatically reach for any possible way that a woman could be lying when she tells her story. It is all too frequent in our society and that's exactly what he was doing.

Never once did I say she was lying. The article even quotes her saying she “believes” it has to do with her age. She is not saying it as a definite fact.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I would like to give WHO the benefit of the doubt in that their decision was financially based. For example if someone half her age earns 60%.

But if the story is accurate and she was told she could stay at the station at a different salary, but not on camera. I think she has a pretty good case.

If they had said Sonja, you can keep your job at $X lower than current. If she decides to move on, no issue.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I mean look at the outstanding young talent 13 has:

Amber Alexander
Jodi Long
Melody Mercado
Monica Madden
Maria Lisignoli

and it's pretty obvious they pushed out the "old" lady of the group

Sounds like a dancer list at Big Earls;)

volclone

Apr 11, 2006
I would like to give WHO the benefit of the doubt in that their decision was financially based. For example if someone half her age earns 60%.
That is blatant ageism and is supposed to be illegal. It's practiced widely in corporate America and needs to be eliminated. If you work in the private sector and hear of a reorganization coming--pay attention to who gets shown the door. It's a good bet it will be older, more experienced employees who make more money. It's a despicable practice that has gone on for years.

volclone

Apr 11, 2006
This is VERY common in all private industry. If you make too much, you can be replaced by younger and more importantly, cheaper.
Yes, very common...and very illegal. Why do you think they have you sign a release when you agree to a severance package???

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

But if the story is accurate and she was told she could stay at the station at a different salary, but not on camera. I think she has a pretty good case.

If they had said Sonja, you can keep your job at $X lower than current. If she decides to move on, no issue.

You said exactly what i was going to say....the part about same money for off camera...that is where it gets tricky and I do not have the insights on how their contracts work, etc. Also, we will never know (unless there is a court case) given it's an employment issue.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Maybe management got tired of the giggle fest she and Erin had on the 5pm newscast whenever Ed said something

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
She's had a number of chances to redeem herself after some highly questionable personal decisions. I've heard she is a nightmare in person. Massive ego 'don't you know who i am' type of things. They let her back after her arrest. I highly doubt she has much of a leg to stand on if she brings forward a lawsuit.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Maybe management got tired of the giggle fest she and Erin had on the 5pm newscast whenever Ed said something

I'm no Trump fan but both of these two had tears in their eyes on election night when he was announced as the winner.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Yes, very common...and very illegal. Why do you think they have you sign a release when you agree to a severance package???
Pfff. In large companies with big staffs, expensive employees are let go, they do a minor reshuflle so it is not a direct replacement and roll on forward. Why do you think we have re-orgs about every 2-3 years (besides new managers like to construct their own kingdoms)? I am talking about salaried, at will employees here.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Pfff. In large companies with big staffs, expensive employees are let go, they do a minor reshuflle so it is not a direct replacement and roll on forward. Why do you think we have re-orgs about every 2-3 years (besides new managers like to construct their own kingdoms)? I am talking about salaried, at will employees here.

They could always go the passive aggressive route

67316402.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron