Songs that fire up the crowd.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Listening to Juicy Wiggle (which I like), why does KSU use Wabash Cannonball? Nothing to do with Kansas at all. Maybe someone can inform me, inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: Cyclones8824

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Listening to Juicy Wiggle (which I like), why does KSU use Wabash Cannonball? Nothing to do with Kansas at all. Maybe someone can inform me, inquiring minds want to know.

The "Wabash Cannonball" has played a vital part in K-State spirit, dating back to December 1968 when Nichols Gym burned. The fire destroyed most of the band's instruments and sheet music. With a basketball game coming up three days later, the band scrambled to find instruments and sheet music. Band director Phil Hewett had sheet music at his home, which included the "Wabash Cannonball." This song has been an inspiring song for K-Staters, which is characterized by the dancing and rocking done by the crowd during the song.

There's even a KSU Wabash Cannonball Scholarship

• Informative
Reactions: MJ29

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I love Juicy Wiggle, but I also really like what I call the soccer hooligan (I'm not exactly sure how to describe it) type music they've been playing at ISU FB and BB games.

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
Juicy wiggle gets the crowd pumped big time be it at the jack or Hilton