Something I agree with Baker Mayfield on... wth

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Can someone give me the "I don't want to watch him talk, but I want to know what he said" version?
“You come to Oklahoma to beat Texas,” he said. “I was born and raised in Austin. They didn’t recruit me. I grew up 15 miles from their campus. I can’t stand them. Anything they do, I don’t care. I talked to the NFL guys and they said I need to calm it down a little bit, but when it comes to Texas, absolutely not. No. End of story.”

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Hey Baker, OU didn't recruit you either so you must hate them too?

BM is such a p*ssy. Nothing was stopping him from walking on at UT. So essentially he's p*ssed he didn't get a handout from the hometown team. He had to *gasp* earn it...

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
BM feels about UT the way I feel about Iowa and KU.

Respect.

BM is such a p*ssy. Nothing was stopping him from walking on at UT. So essentially he's p*ssed he didn't get a handout from the hometown team. He had to *gasp* earn it...

A guy cannot have an FU attitude about a school that passed him up and never believed in him when he went on to earn a Heisman? He has earned that chip on his shoulder.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
BM feels about UT the way I feel about Iowa and KU.

Respect.

A guy cannot have an FU attitude about a school that passed him up and never believed in him when he went on to earn a Heisman? He has earned that chip on his shoulder.

You mean OU, right? When BM was a senior @ Lake Travis neither UT nor OU recruited him. Now, if you want to hate UT by all means do it. But don't cry that they didn't recruit you when your own team didn't either.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
You mean OU, right? When BM was a senior @ Lake Travis neither UT nor OU recruited him. Now, if you want to hate UT by all means do it. But don't cry that they didn't recruit you when your own team didn't either.

Your position on this is stupid. He also grew up right next to Austin, not Norman.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Your position on this is stupid. He also grew up right next to Austin, not Norman.

Not really. Mayfield's attitude is one of a jilted girl's. He hates UT more than he cares about OU. Because in his mind he deserved to be recruited since he was in Austin. As if UT should've recruited someone that literally no other D1 teams did. UT isn't a charity. He could've walked on.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017

Not the same at all.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan964

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Not really. Mayfield's attitude is one of a jilted girl's. He hates UT more than he cares about OU. Because in his mind he deserved to be recruited since he was in Austin. As if UT should've recruited someone that literally no other D1 teams did. UT isn't a charity. He could've walked on.

First, he had 4 D1 offers. Second, you don't just get to walk on whenever you want. Third, he doesn't care more about OU than UT and clearly OU recruited him. It's just a ridiculous position to take to say they are the same.

• Agree
Reactions: octaviouspoon

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
First, he had 4 D1 offers. Second, you don't just get to walk on whenever you want. Third, he doesn't care more about OU than UT and clearly OU recruited him. It's just a ridiculous position to take to say they are the same.
Then why mention the fact that UT didn't recruit him? Plenty of kids chose OU over UT who are from Texas but none seem to make such a big deal about their recruitment...probably because they were good enough to get offers from both schools. Mayfield plays the no respect card yet it's not like OU respected him while UT didn't. Neither one cared until after he'd proven himself at TTU.

Hating UT as an OU player is totally normal. Injecting his recruitment into it is just suckerish.

• Agree
Reactions: FOREVERTRUE

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Nothing say ***** and entitled like a walkon that turned himself a Heisman winner and future draft pick. Yeah, what a ***** and panhandler.

• Agree
Reactions: cycart

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Nothing say ***** and entitled like a walkon that turned himself a Heisman winner and future draft pick. Yeah, what a ***** and panhandler.
Yeah, you'd think he wouldn't have to cry about getting disrespected by UT and could just enjoy his remarkable accomplishments...but UT didn't recruit him, just ask :(.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'll give him credit for just being himself. At least NFL teams know exactly what they're getting and he's not putting on some show or fake personality to convince a team to draft him.

But as his pro prospects go, I just don't see it. I don't mind my starting QB being a little cocky, but he crosses that line into straight up arrogance. I would worry about how he'll react when things aren't going well. Will you take responsibility and lead or will you lash out and blame someone else?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron