Some of You Need to Chill Out

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Re: Some of You Need to Chill the Out

The funny thing is if we didn't hire Mac he'd have been on the other sideline tonight. I'm not upset we have him on ours.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006

The funny thing is if we didn't hire Mac he'd have been on the other sideline tonight. I'm not upset we have him on ours.
So your saying we would have won tonight if we didn't hire him.:wink:

Sorry I just had to do it even though I fully support GMac

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Greg is floundering for solutions.

We saw what an averge CB (6 for 20) does to our high scoring team. Then DG steps it up for 2 for 13.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale

I always felt a bit miffed JP didn't do the 'scorched earth' recruiting search. .....

Me too. Never have felt right about that hire from Day One. Still love JP, but that is the one hire that I have always questioned. Have never felt that GM was a good fit for ISU.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Re: Some of You Need to Chill the F*** Out

All I ever read on here is that Frank Martin is the worst coach in the country. I'm sure many people on here expected a win tonight.

Doesn't matter whether you're Frank Martin, Greg McDermott or Coach K. You need more than two or three D1 players to win in the Big 12. My biggest and really only problem with McDermott is his 2008 recruiting class. He needs to rebound in a big way with the 2009 recruiting class or he will be cooked.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

I'm guessing from the looks of the thread out here it's a good thing I stayed in the gaming cave tonight... :eek:

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006

Doesn't matter whether you're Frank Martin, Greg McDermott or Coach K. You need more than two or three D1 players to win in the Big 12. My biggest and really only problem with McDermott is his 2008 recruiting class. He needs to rebound in a big way with the 2009 recruiting class or he will be cooked.

Spot on. We have 4 of 6 recruits making virtually zero contributions at this point. We failed to recruit over our walk-ons and are chalk full of average spot up shooters. We took too many recruits last year that were not ready to play in this league.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale

Spot on. We have 4 of 6 recruits making virtually zero contributions at this point. We failed to recruit over our walk-ons and are chalk full of average spot up shooters. We took too many recruits last year that were not ready to play in this league.

Absolutely correct. 1 diamond in the rough per recruiting class is plenty. Too many of our recruiting decisions resulted in ISU signing players who are a reach at the Big 12 level.

lomashad

Oct 19, 2006

Greg sounds befuddled for solutions.

Ya, unfortunately he is getting paid to find the solutions though. He should of thought ahead a little with the projects we have for this years class"08"'. Theyll be fine as upperclassmen but not until then. Personally I'm sick of "this is this first real year" talk. Bottom line is he needs to figure it out sooner than later. He's not going anywhere soon with JP here.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

We failed to recruit over our walk-ons and are chalk full of average spot up shooters. We took too many recruits last year that were not ready to play in this league.
~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, so true. I guess I was waiting too long, but it appears it ain't going to happen this year.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008

I thought we would look better than that and we started out good..........then the defense totally took them out of their game........which always seems to happen. Breaking the press is not all that hard a guy in the middle and DG waits to long with the ball and then gets traped push the damn ball up the court and do not allow them to get you into trouble!!!!

I thought we had some confidence I guess I was wrong. Please press some during the game coach it creates turnovers this coaching staff and players need to learn how to suffacate the opponent. I am frustrated with this loss I still support them no doubt, but it is time to start learning from your mistakes and changing schemes that do not work. I think there is talent on this team. The coaches need to find an offense that works with what we got.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO

although i am just as mad about mac's recruiting and not be able to recruit over the current players, if you actually thought we could win this game, you are crazy. In all honesty this k state team is just flat out better. When you are not as good as other teams you should not expect to win. It seems like some of you wear your cardinal and gold sunglasses waaaay too much.

Here's to hoping Colvin and Gilstrap don't turn out to be..DG, MT, WJ, CJ, AT, and everyother recruit that MAC has got that turned out to be busts. Yes, I know MT and WJ were good, but they were a bust here at ISU.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO

people need to quit saying that there is talent on this team. There is, and its only one person. CB can't do it all. No one else of the starters is "talent." We are just really really bad basketball team and i don't understand how some of you think that they should be doing better. They just aren't good at basketball, so quit expecting them to be good.

With that said...GO STATE

SgtPepper

Jan 6, 2009

people need to quit saying that there is talent on this team. There is, and its only one person. CB can't do it all. No one else of the starters is "talent." We are just really really bad basketball team and i don't understand how some of you think that they should be doing better. They just aren't good at basketball, so quit expecting them to be good.

With that said...GO STATE
there is no excuse for not having any talent.

goldmember

May 31, 2006

I think DG has played pretty well this year for the most part(Just problems finishing drives). The problem is that he is our only guy that can handle the ball. If we had another strong ball handler (Colvin), I think DG could relax a little more on the court, and be more effective. Peterson is much improved this year on the wing, but he's not a primary ball handler.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

people need to quit saying that there is talent on this team. There is, and its only one person. CB can't do it all. No one else of the starters is "talent."

I agree with your point - it's not the players' fault. They are what they are. They were offered scholarships here, and they took them. It's up to GMac to recruit talent to replace their playing time.

Help Support Us

Become a patron