Some guy who was committed to us no longer committed to us

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Awesome! Welcome to Cyclone Nation Dwan! It just makes me nervous getting a commit this early because you know other schools are still going to recruit him.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Awesome! Welcome to Cyclone Nation Dwan! It just makes me nervous getting a commit this early because you know other schools are still going to recruit him.
It's possible. Could also be one of those guys that doesn't like the recruiting process that much and just wanted to get it over with, like Nogaj

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Yup. Love getting commitments from talent like this, but when it comes this early in a kid's high school career, I can't help but think we're just doing another school's recruiting job for them.

Really hope he ends up on our campus, though.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Watched his hudl video for the first time just now. About halfway through I was thinking "Man this kid looks pretty good." Then I remembered the highlights were from his Sophomore season. Could be scary good in a few years. Hope we can keep him committed!

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Keep up the great recruiting efforts! May be early, however other recruits will see the caliber of athletes and perhaps open some doors.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Great news. He does not play like a sophomore in his tape. By the time he is a senior, he is going to be a beast.

No kid is really committed until they sign. Yes it is hard to hold onto a commitment for 2 years, but it is better than him not committing. We all know other schools will come after him if he is really good. Right now, the advantage is ours.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I think it goes to our advantage a little these teammates are in a different class. Having the 2019 QB committed may lead to a commit from the 2018 guard. If we get McCall and can hold on to him it elevates our chances to keep Mathis committed for what will seem like an eternity.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Pardon my skepticism but two years is an eternity in recruiting time. I would be blown away if this kid stayed with us through the whole process. Maybe Campbell has a good relationship with him and his family but otherwise that kid is a 4 or 5 start recruit in two years IMO. Be hard to keep him here.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
His highlights as a sophomore were sick.... his deep throws were awesome. Some of those are 40 yard passes dropped on a dime. I would luv to keep this kid but i have seen this before - this kid will have some serious high offers - such as Michigan or Ohio St. Obviously if we can land Mccann that would be a solid as their close as the article said....

Welcome aboard young man. This a talent that you could build a program around - a true difference maker.

Onto a different note - does anyone know what happened to Alex Williams - OL for class of 2018 - was recruited by Manning to Toledo as a sophomore. He's a 2018 OL from Ohio and was committed in April but now does not show he's committed. Very Solid OL 3*.

Reactions: khardbored

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Ummm, Ohio State is offering... Don't get your hopes too high on this kid.

Did you read anything on the link you posted?
OSU has a 5* committed in the 2018 class.
The only article regarding the Buckeyes said they wanted to see his Junior season which was last fall.
I don't center my hopes on HS kids decisions but at least perform a little due diligence before you post.