Solo's family made it to Corvallis

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

MTCyclone43

Feb 22, 2016
We were at the game and were able to meet his family outside of Gill Colosseum in Corvallis. Solo comes from a really nice family and you can see where his humbleness comes from. We were chatting with a group of Cyclone fans and they overheard us talking about how much of an asset Solo was to the team- it was then they revealed who they were. There is a great group of Cyclone faithful residing on the West coast. We encountered many OSU fans who were stunned by the Cyclone turnout, I told each and everyone that today this is Hilton West.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Here‘s a nice article that shares a little more detail on Solo’s fam. Nice article for those that live farther away from Ames.

https://www.amestrib.com/sports/201...mom?template=ampart&__twitter_impression=true
Wow. I'm happy that they got to see him but with all the revenue the team generates, I imagine only stupid NCAA rules stand in the way of the BB program buying her a ticket once a year. A parent should be able to see his or her son play if the program can afford it. He seems like a great young man; I'm sure she's been a great mother to him.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Washington, DC
It would be nice if they could somehow schedule a game in California next year so his family could see him play as a senior without traveling too far.

I do not know if that will be possible with the return trip coming from Oregon State to Ames, though. It is still nice when you can make that happen.

Reactions: mharder

mharder

Apr 11, 2006
Rancho Cordova, CA
It would be nice if they could somehow schedule a game in California next year so his family could see him play as a senior without traveling too far.

I do not know if that will be possible with the return trip coming from Oregon State to Ames, though. It is still nice when you can make that happen.
@ Saint Mary’s would be a quality game. 90 miles from Sac.