Solomon Young...

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Solomon may have well been a young Ejim tonight. Played tough. Gobbled up rebounds. Garbage buckets. Got a bunch of points even though the offense didn't run through him.

This game, he was much better than young Ejim.

• Agree
Reactions: CYme

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I know, you were calling for him to play two months before Prohm played him. Might have gotten us to a decent seed.
It just seems like something happened over the week or two that everyone avoided him like the plague.. Maybe prohm finally just strait up told the team they need to pass to him.. Monte passing to him right off the bat vs OU blew my mind

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Freshman Ejim had brick hands...Solomon may have better tools than Ejim did at this point in their careers.

Totally agree. Ejim was smaller and didn't catch and finish as well as Solomon did tonight.

I don't want to put too much on Solomon, but that was a great performance tonight.

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
How about stepping up and drilling those two free throws with ease? Very confident release.

When he starts getting more looks in the post, with his size, players are going to foul him a lot over the course of his career. It's going to be nice not cringing every time he gets to the line.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Totally agree. Ejim was smaller and didn't catch and finish as well as Solomon did tonight.

I don't want to put too much on Solomon, but that was a great performance tonight.

I think it's really important this isn't the expectation but if he can just be a threat, that would make life much easier for everyone, Deonte in particular. Imagine a world where you can't collapse on him inside. Choo Choo mother *******.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
The crazy part is he actually has a well rounded offensive game as well that we really didn't see much tonight. I mean most of his points were right at the run but he can step out and shoot very well for a big his size. Shown glimpses throughout the year

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Makes you wonder why he didn't play more in the Texas game when we were getting killed in the paint. Glad Prohm finally went with his gut and is giving Young a bigger role. He should only get better with more experience hopefully. We've seen his smooth shooting stroke from time to time this year but I think he's really made strides defensively lately when we've needed him to step up and be a presence in the paint

• Agree
Reactions: socalcy

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think it's really important this isn't the expectation but if he can just be a threat, that would make life much easier for everyone, Deonte in particular. Imagine a world where you can't collapse on him inside. Choo Choo mother *******.

I totally agree. I was so excited to see Solomon play without looking too hard for his jumper (which has been great). He played so much older than a freshman tonight. The credit goes mostly to Solomon but a little to Prohm, IMO.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
D
plz explain why he hasn't started all year

#kthxbai[/QUOTE He wasn't this good earlier in the year. PLus he was injured and missed much of the exhibition games, so when he did play, it was at B12 speed. That's a tough jump to make. One of the reasons I like him so much, and believe he has a great future, is that he has been able to make this change. But it was not overnight.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
plz explain why he hasn't started all year

#kthxbai

Saving him for a late season run. Avoid the Freshman wall, he wasn't ready, he was learning on the bench. The biggest thing is he is a lot better now than he was a month ago. CSP was also giving the Srs a chance to step up and take that spot, they never did.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but earlier in the season, SY got into foul trouble very quickly. Not unexpected in a young forward. He had a bit of that last game, but tonight, he handled himself very well and was very controlled. The improvement he has made the last 3 games has been incredible. He has come so far since the start of the B12 season. Good on you, Solomon.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Saturday will tell a lot about how far he has come. Brodziansky is a good litmus test.

True. Love me some Solomon. Agree that Brodziansky will be a step up as D.Johnson was not 100%. Then there's the Baylor bigs. So while I'm extremely happy for the team and the young man, I hope he just continues to grow. Was it just me, or did Holden look awful out there? But maybe it was just because Solomon looked so good. For a minute, I was begging at the TV for Prohm to get Solomon back in there. lol

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Looks like Solomon made top plays. About to be on next espn2

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I know it seems like Solomon should have started weeks ago, but I think we have to give a nod to the process that Prohm made him go through to get to this point. Nothing good comes easy and we have pretty darn good team right now.

To give some credit to Prohm he's on record as saying everything he does is building towards being good in March. I'm sure SY has plenty of head scratchers in practice. I noticed that Burton is telling him where to go and what to do quite a bit still.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but earlier in the season, SY got into foul trouble very quickly. Not unexpected in a young forward. He had a bit of that last game, but tonight, he handled himself very well and was very controlled. The improvement he has made the last 3 games has been incredible. He has come so far since the start of the B12 season. Good on you, Solomon.

I totally agree. I give a little credit to Prohm as well, for putting him in a position to succeed rather than put him out there too early.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
No way to tell if ISU would win that game without Young (plenty of players hit huge shots and had excellent contributions), but when it was beginning to become a nervously-tighter game, he got some huge boards and put-backs.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron