Solomon Young out a month with broken left hand

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Seriously what am I missing here? Did anyone think that Young was going to play more than 3 minutes a game in conference?

With the rate that Holden and Bowie are fouling, absolutely. Against Big12 competition, I don't see Holden playing more than 15-20 minutes.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Seriously what am I missing here? Did anyone think that Young was going to play more than 3 minutes a game in conference?

Seriously? Not sure if you are joking or not..Young is going to play prob 7-8 minutes a game..at the very least. Prob more like 10-15 in conference play. He's only going to get better and he's playing behind (2) 5th yr seniors..Young is a beast and he actually plays better defense than Holden not to mention Young is a better scorer on the block.

• Agree
Reactions: ProhmDate

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Every year, every freshman big man. Never ******* change CF.

Dude you are clueless..Young upside is huge..not to mention he's huge. Kid will play alot. He's a freshman who is built like a 5th year DE and actually can score around rim and play decent defense..

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
You saying Young is equal to Railey? Gibson? GT? Carter? How are those guys on Young's level? Do tell.

Pretty sure those guys were 3 star recruits too. I don't know what level you think Young is on right now after a few minutes vs sub-300 rpi opposition. I like Young better than those other names too but this isn't the MVC he just wouldn't play much in conference it's not a put down that's just how it goes unless you're Georges Niang.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Dude you are clueless..Young upside is huge..not to mention he's huge. Kid will play alot. He's a freshman who is built like a 5th year DE and actually can score around rim and play decent defense..

Do you have some secret Tape that you watch outside of Citadel, Savannah St, and mt st Mary's? Lol

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Pretty sure those guys were 3 star recruits too. I don't know what level you think Young is on right now after a few minutes vs sub-300 rpi opposition. I like Young better than those other names too but this isn't the MVC he just wouldn't play much in conference it's not a put down that's just how it goes unless you're Georges Niang.

Every year it's "why can't whatever freshman come in for a few minutes?"threads after losses.

Do you have some secret Tape that you watch outside of Citadel, Savannah St, and mt st Mary's? Lol

Dude, you're on the wrong side of this one. Young isn't going to save our team, but we need him - This year. Holden can't stay on the floor and Bowie & Burton are undersized.

So yes, it sucks that he's out for a month.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
was it late in the game that he got hurt? Sucks that we lose a guy in a game that was long decided.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Tough luck, hopefully he heals up and the hand is 100% going into B12 season. As other have said I think he was set to see some meaningful minutes for us, his body and game looks ready to me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron