SOB ####

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by twojman, Jul 11, 2009.

1. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Male
    Being awesome
    Clive
    Ratings:
    +469 / 30 / -0
    Why does this garbage always happen to me. We were planning on dumping Mediacon because of their OUTRAGEOUS rates. Directv comes over today and we do not have a line of sight.

I only have the basic digital through Mediacon (no ESPN or anything) Mediacon's lowest speed of internet and a movie pack. The grand monthly total is $94.14! I would have been able to quadruple my channels and have the same speed of internet for about $5 less per month.

Please FCC, allow cable competition, this is just ridiculous. :sad::no:

2. cyfan964

cyfan964 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2006
    4 blocks from the Jack
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -0
    If you call Mediacom and complain about there outrageous prices and tell them you are considering switching to dish they usually drop your rate. I have been fed up a couple times and called to switch only to have them drop it down to the introductory price for me. If it weren't for channel 22 on game days I would have switched to Directv by now.

3. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Male
    Being awesome
    Clive
    Ratings:
    +469 / 30 / -0
    I have tried that a couple of times and they were very rude to me. :no:

4. Balls

Balls Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    DeNver, IA
    Ratings:
    +43 / 6 / -0
    Probably a dumb questions... but can you clear out some branches, put up a tall pole, or ask a neighbor if you can install you satellite in their yard and just run a longer feeder wire? I'm sure the DTV guy looked at all the options but I'd try to get creative as DTV or Dish is a lot better than cable.