So who were you rooting for last night?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Some of us (born in the 712) hated Nebraska before we ever knew who Fred was. My hate has subsided since they left the Big12, but it's still alive and well.

It has nothing to do with Fred and everything to do with Nebraska.
People not from the Siouxer or the 712 don't get it. Especially one's younger than about 35 y/o. Common hatred of NU united us as Iowans. They never had to deal with dipsh&t Nebraska natives or worse, wannabes polluting everything with their stupid big red bullsh@t.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
People not from the Siouxer or the 712 don't get it. Especially one's younger than about 35 y/o. Common hatred of NU united us as Iowans. They never had to deal with dipsh&t Nebraska natives or worse, wannabes polluting everything with their stupid big red bullsh@t.

Don't forget Nebraska media. :eek:

Reactions: weR138

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Regardless of Fred (either way), always want kNU to beat Iowa. Huskers can lose every other game, but it just brings me a little bit of happy when they take down the hoks.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'm not above actively cheering against Iowa. I tuned in, enjoyed watching some guy named Thor hit a bunch of threes, and celebrated one of our most beloved players of all time bringing pain to Hawkeyes everywhere.

Reactions: Buster28

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Always like seeing ISU former players be successful. It was funny watching Fran just not be able to figure it out.

I'm sure it got Hok fan who got their Jess Settles jersey back out after the ISU/Iowa game pretty frazzled.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not just coming back to college. He could have gone to Boston College or Washington State, and we would have never seen nor heard of him again. No one would care and ISU would be totally unaffected.

But when he plants his butt in Lincoln, 50 miles from the Iowa border, he obviously has no intent of avoiding ISU in recruiting, and actually he has directly and intentionally placed himself in position to battle with ISU for recruits, taking advantage of all the relationships he, Doc and Matt established when he was at ISU.
Yeah, I'm sure that being born in Lincoln, both of his parents being Husker alumni and his grandfather being the Husker head coach for over a decade has nothing to do with it.

• Winner
Reactions: surly

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Some interesting takes. Since Fred didn't have an option to come back to ISU, if a State fan, I'd probably want to see him thump the dastardly hawkeyes. But gosh, Ku could be playing the flu and I'd root for illness. So, there is that.
Well, gosh, I guess I don't see why you care.
Personally, I was cheering for TCU.

CloneInLA

Mar 7, 2017
If there was a Cyclone fan that was so butthurt about Fred still that they cheered for Iowa then I dont even know what to say

This ☝️

Fred did what every person on this board would have done. He took a dream job that paid a lot more money. To be bitter about that is just childish

• Winner
Reactions: surly

Help Support Us

Become a patron