So who were you rooting for last night?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If they transferred to a different school I wouldn't cheer for them.

I was fine was Fred being in the Pros, but going back to college changed that for me.
Do you really think coming back to ISU was an option at that point? Was coaching another NBA team offered to him either? What is he supposed to do at that point for work - start selling satellite dishes?

• Winner
Reactions: CoKane

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Do you really think coming back to ISU was an option at that point? Was coaching another NBA team offered to him either? What is he supposed to do at that point for work - start selling satellite dishes?

No I didn't expect him to come back. He made a big deal about wanting to be in the NBA so it's a slap in the face 1. to come back to college and 2. go to a school so close to ISU.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the money he got from Chicago and ISU he would have been ok and could have gotten a NBA front office job if he was really desperate.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

how many times did I read on here by posters and by CW that he’d retire early, etc?

He’s real good at PR.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
it doesn’t benefit iowa state in recruiting for Nebraska to be any good, so therefore we all should want him to fail.
And we should want Iowa to fail because they kicked our asses at home and are even more our recruiting rivals for as long as the state keeps putting out division 1 talent. Anything you can bring up for Nebby is pretty much the same for Iowa too, but worse since they're closer to us and better than Nebraska

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
No I didn't expect him to come back. He made a big deal about wanting to be in the NBA so it's a slap in the face 1. to come back to college and 2. go to a school so close to ISU.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the money he got from Chicago and ISU he would have been ok and could have gotten a NBA front office job if he was really desperate.
Why take a front office job when your passion is coaching? He could take a front office job and make 6 figures or he could find another coaching job and make 7 figures. Be realistic.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
And we should want Iowa to fail because they kicked our asses at home and are even more our recruiting rivals for as long as the state keeps putting out division 1 talent. Anything you can bring up for Nebby is pretty much the same for Iowa too, but worse since they're closer to us and better than Nebraska

Very true. I want both to fail. In normal circumstances I’d want fred to win last night. I was completely unhappy with either result though because I knew it’d start a whole other ******* prohm vs hoiberg debate that is very unhealthy for this fan base.

Reactions: CoKane

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The man was paid many, many millions of dollars to run one of the most historic franchises in the history of the sport. You're really going to blame him for that? ......

No issue with chasing the big bucks and going to the Bulls. But how do you explain Fred wanting to go to the golden goofers?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'm happy to report I didn't even know this game was played. But saddened that only one team lost.

If they can't both lose I suppose it's better for NU to lose since it's to our advantage if Nebrasketball remains an insignificant joke afterthought of a program. I hear they have a new coach or some sh#t...

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
When the Hawks and the Huskers play --

519TnuaDjXL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I am rooting for the meteor.​

Yep, I was disappointed when it didn't hit.;)

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
If there was a Cyclone fan that was so butthurt about Fred still that they cheered for Iowa then I dont even know what to say

Some of us (born in the 712) hated Nebraska before we ever knew who Fred was. My hate has subsided since they left the Big12, but it's still alive and well.

It has nothing to do with Fred and everything to do with Nebraska.

• Agree
Reactions: WoodCy

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Some interesting takes. Since Fred didn't have an option to come back to ISU, if a State fan, I'd probably want to see him thump the dastardly hawkeyes. But gosh, Ku could be playing the flu and I'd root for illness. So, there is that.

JFC, Surly. It's not about Fred. If both teams never won again it'd be good for ISU.

And F%ck Iowa.

And F%ck Nebraska.

• Useful
Reactions: NWICY and surly

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I was fine was Fred being in the Pros, but going back to college changed that for me.

Not just coming back to college. He could have gone to Boston College or Washington State, and we would have never seen nor heard of him again. No one would care and ISU would be totally unaffected.

But when he plants his butt in Lincoln, 50 miles from the Iowa border, he obviously has no intent of avoiding ISU in recruiting, and actually he has directly and intentionally placed himself in position to battle with ISU for recruits, taking advantage of all the relationships he, Doc and Matt established when he was at ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron