So Who is on JP's list to replace CPR?

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
If CPR gets fired, I have a feeling the offense will never be all that successful, so why promote the offensive coordinator?

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Earle Bruce - The only head coach since 1919 who has a winning lifetime record at ISU.

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
I wish he would fire CPR and just make Mangino the HC. We've seen already seen what CPR gives us.

I'm with you. I hate having record game attendance and nearly annual upsets of ranked teams. Wish we could have kept Chiz so the SEZ could still be a distant dream.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm with you. I hate having record game attendance and nearly annual upsets of ranked teams. Wish we could have kept Chiz so the SEZ could still be a distant dream.
You give CPR credit for record attendance? Kinda think our amazing fan base deserves most of that. If Rhoads had this same 5-yr. run at Purdue or Kansas or Pitt, the stadiums would be half-full.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
You give CPR credit for record attendance? Kinda think our amazing fan base deserves most of that. If Rhoads had this same 5-yr. run at Purdue or Kansas or Pitt, the stadiums would be half-full.

He deserves some credit though, to say he doesn't is laughable. Stop being butthurt about. DMac not being the coach anymore. Time to move on, bud.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

He gets a lot of credit because he has given most fans a lot of hope. People act like Iowa State football was winning 8 games per season before Rhoads got here. Not true at all. Rhoads record is very good for Iowa State. In addition, Rhoads has beaten a lot better quality of teams than any of the previous coaches.

The funny thing is that Rhoads is a victim of his own success at Iowa State. If he had come in and sucked his first few years like every other coach before him, no one would be upset. But he managed to be pretty damn good his first few years and now everyone acts like he is the only coach at Iowa State to have a losing season.

Last year was really bad. But I've seen a lot of bad football seasons at Iowa State. And some of the best seasons have come under Rhoads.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Dude overpaid CPR he's gonna be here a while.

...CPR also has found some way to put butts in the seats to watch, at best, consistently average football.

To buy into the OP--Dan McCarney or Barry Switzer.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

...no. He's made ISU football at least interesting, and got the biggest victory in school history. The fan base simply bought in because it was very unfamiliar compared to what the those 3 programs mentioned above have experienced (all have at least had SOME consistency of success in their programs).

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Yes, I am asking the question, not answering the question.
Not sure who is on JP's short list, but all I can say is that I hope Ron Prince is atop John Currie's short list to replace Coach BS -- that would be an ideal replacement for the Purple Kansas Kitties.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I'll be honest, I'm tops on the replacement list. I interviewed when CPR was hired and outlined my plan for back to back championships within 5 years and recruiting all 4-5 star kids by using all my points on them each week.
You had a five year plan? Slacker, I'd get us back to back championships the next two years

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron