So, what is the game plan to stop this guy?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Junk punch.

Jonny%20Cage%20Brutal%20Fatality.gif

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I really like the overly confident folks on here. I would be absolutely terrified of the WVU weapons. I don't care how terrible their defense is, their offense has the potential to absolutely demolish the Cyclone defense. I hope Wally has something up his sleeves because this group of seniors deserve to go out on top. An 8 win season would be just another step in the right direction.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Get an interception and when he goes to tackle our guy he takes him out, kinda like the Drew Tate situation in "05". For real though I hope no one gets hurt at all, just have to keep him in front of you he is just such as awesome player.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
[video=youtube;mMByDfFMPcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMByDfFMPcE[/video]

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Between Tavon, Stedman Bailey, and Geno Smith, ISU is going to have to have a great gameplan. The offense needs to have long, clock killing touchdown drives. I can't emphasize the touchdown part enough. West Virginia will score, and they will score quick.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
somebody have a sign in each endzone saying

<----Couch this way

It's bulletproof

(I keed, I kid)

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Just need to tackle him before he gains any yards.

Interesting concept for a defense.
Well, if he is lined up in the backfield, it would be interesting to tackle him back there regardless of if he has the ball. Just thought it was a fake, right? Sure it may lead to a few penalties, but would also help with our problem of losing backs out of the backfield since Knott went out.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Discipline. Don't let ten turn into 60. My guess is we won't see anything special.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
It's pretty unlikely that we stop WV. We'll need to bend but not break. Hold them to FGs and get some turnovers. The offense is going have to show up again.

Kick coverage is terrifying. I'm not sure why Acero can't get the ball to the endzone but is solid from 50 yards on FGs but it would be a good week to figure it out.

MNTN33R

May 11, 2012
Charleston, WV
Some interesting options given - unmowed field, consulting Tonya Harding, etc.

We've been fortunate to have had great backs at WVU, with Amos Zereoue, Avon Cobourne, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Noel Devine, and Tavon Austin in near succession, each with spectacular performances and productive careers.

I have wonderful memories of all of these, but I have never seen a more electrifying game than Saturday night against Oklahoma.

No offense to the Cyclones, but I hope you get to see a similar performance by Tavon on Friday.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Speed kills and Tavon has it. We have to tackle him very well in the open field if not he goes for A LOT more yards. It will be interesting none the less.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Some interesting options given - unmowed field, consulting Tonya Harding, etc.

We've been fortunate to have had great backs at WVU, with Amos Zereoue, Avon Cobourne, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Noel Devine, and Tavon Austin in near succession, each with spectacular performances and productive careers.

I have wonderful memories of all of these, but I have never seen a more electrifying game than Saturday night against Oklahoma.

No offense to the Cyclones, but I hope you get to see a similar performance by Tavon on Friday.
No offense, I don't.