So the Cupboard is Bare...?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Mike Taylor = Too many TO's, Needs better game savy, but must Play
B Jacobson = Too Slow, Can't Defend, Best 3 pt Shot if he can get it off?
M Currie= needs more ability, plays well at times, not a game changer
D Dunston= needs to shoot more, only hits the big 3 when it counts
C McIntosh= does not shoot, TO's at times, can not control the game

Our New Secret Weapon.....

Chris Ceaser.....6'4" 185# Athletic as Hell, Senior Leadership, He is from Texas he must be Good...?

Come on Mac what do we have to lose....?

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Ha, I was shootin around with Ceaser at the rec once... and I nailed a three, and he made a noise and gesture of biting into an apple and said, "like an apple" referring to the noise the ball made with the net. It was my shining moment. He's a cool guy!

thakeepa14

Jan 10, 2007
St. Paul, MN
The cupboard isn't bare...they just need to play better :) I agree, it'd be nice to see if Ceaser could see some time before he graduates. And I think DD deserves more time...

Anybody remember the name of the 7-foot walk-on a couple years ago that we kept chanting for.....& WM occasionally put in?

seneca4MVP

Nov 14, 2006
skoglund? but he wasn't a walk on

I laughed when I read the comment about Dunson only hitting the 3 when it counts!! It kind of is true but since when do you criticized for only hitting big shots?? Robert Horry has made a career out of it

thakeepa14

Jan 10, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Skoglund....Thanks! I guess I was wrong on the walk-on thing, but my point is that the crowd got that kid to see more time. Ceaser could benefit the same way. Fun stuff.

Johnny8

Oct 18, 2006
Ames, IA
The funny thing is that Caeser is really athletic, and doesn't have a bad shot. I always have a favorite senior player, and Caeser is mine this year. In one game over Christmas break when we were up like 25 points and Caeser was in, I yelled out "Go Caeser!!" during a silent moment right before an inbounds play. He peaked his head around a couple guys and looked at me with one of those "Do I know you?" looks. Hopefully he sees some more action this year.

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
I'm telling you look for Ceaser, he could be the difference maker...

What we got to lose....I say he plays at OSU...

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Actually wasn't Skogs a walk-on who had an academic scholarship? Or was he just known for his smarts. There was a hilarious Big Skogs website...I'll see if I can find it.

seneca4MVP

Nov 14, 2006
He may have been. I think the guy had a 36 on his ACT's and was a genious. It would make more sense to give him a academic scholarship than a bball scholarship

clones11

Apr 2, 2006
Marion
i didnt think skogs played for WM i know andrew agnew 6'10'' 340 played and we chanted for him but i was pretty sure skogs graduated before wm

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
i have two things to say:

1) i enjoyed seeing skogs come off the bench, and I too remember the Big Skogs fan club website. I remember they had some pretty funny comic strips on there.

2) I think it would be good to let Ceasar and Streff too get in for some minutes and see what they can do. Who knows, maybe they could come on and really spark the team to some wins. Remember a couple years ago when Dave Braet starting getting some regular PT and was playing well for us? (even started a few games) I think it would be cool is Ceaser or Streff could step up like that and really get some PT before their careers are done at season's end.

Cyclone_Power

Oct 23, 2006
Minneapolis
i didnt think skogs played for WM i know andrew agnew 6'10'' 340 played and we chanted for him but i was pretty sure skogs graduated before wm

Yeah he did. Skoglund had his senior year in 03-04 under Morgan, when I was a freshman at ISU. And I believe it's Aaron Agnew...aka Baby Shaq

Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines
He may have been. I think the guy had a 36 on his ACT's and was a genious. It would make more sense to give him a academic scholarship than a bball scholarship

You sure about that? Maybe you're thinking of Paul Shirley. He was at ISU for a few years on academic scholarship, until they gave him an athletic one either his junior or senior year. Shirley was and is an INCREDIBLY smart guy, my cousin was in a physics class with him and she said he tore it up. Nice guy too:yes4lo:

Skoglund was a Eustachy recruit that was on athletic scholarship, albeit a waste of one. Maybe he was really smart, but I don't remember hearing anything about it.

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
My favorite Skogs moment was when he played the first 3 minutes during the Colorado game, his senior year. He completely disrupted the Colorado offense due to sheer amount of space he occupied. Of course, once the Colorado offense made an adjustment, they went up 11, but it was great while it lasted.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
You sure about that? Maybe you're thinking of Paul Shirley. He was at ISU for a few years on academic scholarship, until they gave him an athletic one either his junior or senior year. Shirley was and is an INCREDIBLY smart guy, my cousin was in a physics class with him and she said he tore it up. Nice guy too:yes4lo:

Skoglund was a Eustachy recruit that was on athletic scholarship, albeit a waste of one. Maybe he was really smart, but I don't remember hearing anything about it.

Skoglund was in a few of my mechanical engineering classes. I don't know how he did in them, but he was in class most of the time.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
quote]

Paul could have had either scholarship I think one year he did use the academic one. Over christmas time I saw Shirley out down in KC three nights in a row with his brothers. I loved his blogs for ESPN.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Ceaser kind of has a weird looking jump shot I think. I'm guessing he doesn't play because there are guy ahead of him that are probably better? We do have some depth issues at gaurd but help is on the way next season. Just imagine if even 1 gaurd from last season like Carr or Blalock stayed. Would be a completely different situation I think. Blalock would have thrived in this system and Carr was a good on-ball defender with some explosiveness on offense at times.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
A couple of my friends were surprised to hear that Ceaser was on the basketball team. Of course they're musicians so they don't follow athletics, but they used to hang out with Ceaser. Apparently Chris is a freestyling machine. Sounds like he's pretty multitalented. They also said he's a great guy.

jparker22

May 1, 2006
Ames
I had to chime in on Skogs. While I worked with the basketball team during Larry's regime he had a great quote concerning Skogs. He stops practice and screams, "I am calling the Big XII offices today for you Skogs! Do you know why? Because they don't have you listed as the Big XII steals leader, and I know for a fact that you are leading the conference." LONG PAUSE.... "You're stealing our food you are stealing our books, you are stealing our tuition, and our housing. I'm calling the G** D*** office right after practice." Then practice resumed. Classic moment, and Andrew took it well got motivated and worked hard against Homan to help make him better.