So Now Who is Your Starting 5?

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Dude, no it's not. Naz was running the scout team closing out the year. Pull your head out of your clueless ***.

So if Malou shows up you are going to try to tell us Naz will come from "scout team", Burton, or Thomas will start in his place? Yeah you might want to pull your head out of you clueless arse. Maybe you should be a scout for the Boston Celtics.

Last edited:

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
So if Malou shows up you are going to try to tell us Naz will come from "scout team", Burton, or Thompson will start in his place? Yeah you might want to pull your head out of you clueless arse. Maybe you should be a scout for the Boston Celtics.
I don't think ThompsonClone has any eligibility left.

Reactions: Thompsonclone

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I imagine you'll want Stu to start at guard. That should give you the ol "crock in the pants". Oh hell let's give everyone a "participation trophy" to satisfy the new liberal NCAA common core math requirements. Beyond Monte nobody knows who's gonna start......not even you. That's a fact. All speculation. End of story.

Wut?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So if Malou shows up you are going to try to tell us Naz will come from "scout team", Burton, or Thomas will start in his place? Yeah you might want to pull your head out of you clueless arse. Maybe you should be a scout for the Boston Celtics.

BadgerBBFan is starting to lose it.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
Stop posting, please.....this is an intervention....

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
I go with what CW and Jared said in the podcast, go off of matchups. Starting lineup doesn't really matter, it's who's finishing the game out that does.

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
My word..........find somebody who just had a double hip replacement and ask them what it's like. I know two people that had the procedure. They will never be the same. Very hard to overcome.

Naz didn't have double hip replacements, he had labral repairs, big difference. He has chronic degenerative cartilage that will never be 100% and will probably need replacements eventually but I'd give that another 25+ years at least.

im4iast8

Mar 25, 2008
Ames
I just want to know why everyone excludes Babb when talking about the rotation? I realize the guard court is deep, but this guy is definitely in the rotation IMO. What am I missing? Everyone know something I don't?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Prohm said next year that they will play small like he did most of the time at Murray State

Morris
Naz
Thomas
Burton
Bowie/ or Malou if he makes it

There were teams that Prohm had where he played basically 4 guards and then a forward that was about 6'7 or 6'8.
Or 3 guards and a couple of 6'7 6'8 guys.
Also Bowie is better than Holden. A better rebounder, passer and defender. Holden is a nice role player but he shouldn't be getting big minutes unless he vastly improves.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I don't see how he gets gifted a spot with the high competition at guard spot. He should have a huge advantage with his experience, but that doesn't mean he can't be beat out especially if his game is still coming back.
Pretty sure they'll practice some before the season starts.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I just want to know why everyone excludes Babb when talking about the rotation? I realize the guard court is deep, but this guy is definitely in the rotation IMO. What am I missing? Everyone know something I don't?
I think Babb is a big unknown, especially considering the depth in the backcourt.

Hard to slot anyone time with what we have, let alone someone who doesn't have a lot of D1 PT under his belt

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Prohm said next year that they will play small like he did most of the time at Murray State

Morris
Naz
Thomas
Burton

There were teams that Prohm had where he played basically 4 guards and then a forward that was about 6'7 or 6'8.
Also Bowie is better than Holden. A better rebounder, passer and defender. Holden is a nice role player but he shouldn't be getting big minutes unless he vastly improves.

This very well could be true but there's no way to know who will be better next year when coming into a new program with new roles

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX

Morris
Naz
Thomas
Burton

Come on, you talk as if you are an authority on these 2 guys, while I bet you have hardly seen either play ( not exactly on TV every week). So once again you have no idea what you are jawing off on. I don't think any of us truly know the game and skill set of the 2 grad transfers. reminds me of the debate with ThomasrickJ last summer when he insisted Cooke was better than Matt in every category and would start over him in 2016 ( and play before him in 2015).

Same thing for the clown who says D Jackson ( unproven D1 and coming off injury) will start over Matt and Naz

• Funny
Reactions: rholtgraves

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Come on, you talk as if you are an authority on these 2 guys, while I bet you have hardly seen either play ( not exactly on TV every week). So once again you have no idea what you are jawing off on. I don't think any of us truly know the game and skill set of the 2 grad transfers. reminds me of the debate with ThomasrickJ last summer when he insisted Cooke was better than Matt in every category and would start over him in 2016 ( and play before him in 2015).

Same thing for the clown who says D Jackson ( unproven D1 and coming off injury) will start over Matt and Naz

Well the do have advanced stats to look at. So once again you have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't think Cooke was better than Matt and I didn't say Jackson would start over Long or Thomas so that's not really relevant. And I think saying Jackson won't be the same bc he is coming off of injury is a little stupid considering it was just a broken wrist. Not really a career changing injury.
I don't know if you are new to this but people can have differing opinions on a message board.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
This very well could be true but there's no way to know who will be better next year when coming into a new program with new roles
Well nothing can ever be 100% but if you are making predictions you have to make it on the information available to you