So do we win a game this season?

CyAg

May 22, 2006
I feel we need to ask a non-biased expert:
Grumpy-Cat.jpg

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
We will keep Mess on through the end of the season. We go winless. Our recruiting class falls apart. We are Iowa State.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
As I was leaving the stadium yesterday, I remembered leaving the Oklahoma State game in 2011. That seems like a decade ago now. We took some incredible momentum after that game and have fallen flat on our collective faces.

Yesterday's game felt like I was back in 2008 except finding hope for the future is a lot harder when we're in Year 5.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
If we go 0-12, I fully expect Lazard to be wearing a gold helmet in South Bend next year. If he decommits, I'm sure Mister and maybe a couple of other guys go elsewhere as well. If that happens, no way do we see a winning season next year or the year after. Rhoads is in big trouble and doesn't seem to have it together. You guys can't blame Messingham for this. Rhoads is the coach, and he didn't light enough of a fire under Messingham or work with him to develop a good offensive game plan. Does that mean I don't think Messingham should go? Absolutely not. But all of these coaches may be gone within two years if we don't change immediately. What an embarrassment. If we win less than 4 this year, expect Rhoads to be gone without a bowl game bid next year. If we go 0-12, I honestly think Pollard may ask him to step down this year.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If we go 0-12, I fully expect Lazard to be wearing a gold helmet in South Bend next year. If he decommits, I'm sure Mister and maybe a couple of other guys go elsewhere as well. If that happens, no way do we see a winning season next year or the year after. Rhoads is in big trouble and doesn't seem to have it together. You guys can't blame Messingham for this. Rhoads is the coach, and he didn't light enough of a fire under Messingham or work with him to develop a good offensive game plan. Does that mean I don't think Messingham should go? Absolutely not. But all of these coaches may be gone within two years if we don't change immediately. What an embarrassment. If we win less than 4 this year, expect Rhoads to be gone without a bowl game bid next year. If we go 0-12, I honestly think Pollard may ask him to step down this year.

The problem continues to be lack of point production. This team has an enormous number of three and outs. Right now it does not matter who the running back is, we cannot get over the three and out conundrum. The running game is one of the worst I have seen on a Saturday. An FCS team could do as well. Wait, FCS teams are doing better. If your qb has a bad foot and he cannot run for fear of injury, you are in deep trouble with zone read. When Jared left the program, that left Grant. Then to say he is not ready to play, that is not cool. That is just poor development.

Help Support Us

Become a patron