So Close ... but nope

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

awesome as hell, stupid as ****, and even still scarier.

Reactions: State43

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm oddly impressed by how quickly she was able to get out of the seatbelt and handcuffs. Fortunately her bad driving skills didn't hurt anyone.

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Dang - can't see the tweet in the OP. Can someone give me a synopsis?

Lady gets cuffed, put in back of cop car, gets her seat belt off, undoes her handcuffs, checks the status of the officers outside the car, climbs through the partition and gets in the driver's seat, steals the cop car, leads police on a high speed chase, eventually loses control and crashes. The police surround the car, dumb lady tries to free up a shotgun inside the vehicle, fails, police break window and remarkably don't shoot her.

It started out like a Bourne movie and ended up like an episode of COPS.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Lady gets cuffed, put in back of cop car, gets her seat belt off, undoes her handcuffs, checks the status of the officers outside the car, climbs through the partition and gets in the driver's seat, steals the cop car, leads police on a high speed chase, eventually loses control and crashes. The police surround the car, dumb lady tries to free up a shotgun inside the vehicle, fails, police break window and remarkably don't shoot her.

Interesting that she doesn't crash when going into the ditch to avoid the stop sticks but then appears to run off the road and crash later for no apparent reason.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Interesting that she doesn't crash when going into the ditch to avoid the stop sticks but then appears to run off the road and crash later for no apparent reason.

I think her tires were probably gone.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

I was thinking the whole thing was more like Reno 911. Substitute the perp for a drunk magician or something and you have an episode.

• Agree
Reactions: Bret44

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Those cuffs must have not been on very tight for her to be able to slip them off so easily.
It looked like she had a lot of crap on her wrists. They might have not been careful enough about putting on the bracelets without anything under them which could have made them appear tighter than they were.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I wonder if they would have shot a male in this situation? You also have to wonder how these types of situations are handled in different parts of the country. I have a feeling this is handled a lot different in a place where a police chase isn't uncommon compared to Grundy County Iowa.

Help Support Us

Become a patron