So, after your oSu game here's my power ranking ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
oSu - held serve with backloaded schedule
ISU - that loss doesn't move my needle
K-State - yesterday's scrimmage proved little
OU - yep, improving
Texas - important win for coach Herman
TCU - Gary's program growing stale
TxT - beating WVU saves Wells' hide
WVU - beat Baylor earlier
Baylor - lost to WVU earlier
Ku - putrid program

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Guessing Surly would swap kstate and istate, but he is trying to be nice.

Nope, you're wrong. I'm anything but nice.

ISU has a far better situation at QB, and that's the most important position on the field of play. ISU and K-State's defenses are a push. O'lines are both young. Receivers favor ISU because K-State's have been unimpressive to this point in time. K-State owns special teams. Coaching isn't worth debating. And finally, Farmageddon is in Ames.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Nope, you're wrong. I'm anything but nice.

ISU has a far better situation at QB, and that's the most important position on the field of play. ISU and K-State's defenses are a push. O'lines are both young. Receivers favor ISU because K-State's have been unimpressive to this point in time. K-State owns special teams. Coaching isn't worth debating. And finally, Farmageddon is in Ames.

I’m assuming you’re including TEs with receivers, because our wideouts have been abysmal.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Iirc, TCU has had some pretty impressive recruiting lately. Probably too early to characterize Gary's program as stale.

Until ISU actually proves it on the field, KSU is above us in any Big 12 power rankings.

• Agree
Reactions: SDClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They are still the team I want US to become - even with the new coach. Toughness, attention to detail and a special teams program that gives me wood.
You get boners watching Kstate play football? Maybe I should check it out

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
They are still the team I want US to become - even with the new coach. Toughness, attention to detail and a special teams program that gives me wood.

Ignoring the last part I would say I agree. This board is going to be insufferable after they beat us by a couple scores in November.

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I agree with those who put KSU above ISU, although my reasoning is mainly because KSU is 3-0 B12 and we're 2-1. Still almost a 2(a)/2(b) situation.

Result vs. 3 common opponents is a wash. Outside of those, ISU's quality of opponents is comfortably above KSU -- in-conference, Oklahoma State compared to KU; non-con, UL vs. Arkansas State ... although I'm still not convinced Louisiana is all that good (certainly not at *bad* Sun Belt team).

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
oSu - held serve with backloaded schedule
ISU - that loss doesn't move my needle
K-State - yesterday's scrimmage proved little
OU - yep, improving
Texas - important win for coach Herman
TCU - Gary's program growing stale
TxT - beating WVU saves Wells' hide
WVU - beat Baylor earlier
Baylor - lost to WVU earlier
Ku - putrid program
Vegas opened with WVU -5 against KSU. Line has moved to -3, but still pretty surprising.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
K-State above ISU at this point.

Wat? What is with you Surly fanbois? KSU was outplayed by crap Texas Tech at home. We destroyed Tech,

We BEAT OU. KSU got several nice fluky plays to beat OU.

JFC, KSU is not better than ISU.

Reactions: 2020cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Sorry my opinion is so offensive.
Who knows whether they're better than us. We haven't played them yet and they now go into their toughest stretch of games for the year. We'll know a hell of a lot more about them in the next two weeks and then obviously when we see them in Ames in late November.

Reactions: Stewo