So, after your oSu game here's my power ranking ...

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Who knows whether they're better than us. We haven't played them yet and they now go into their toughest stretch of games for the year. We'll know a hell of a lot more about them in the next two weeks and then obviously when we see them in Ames in late November.
Is hard to not give them the leg up on us...right now. But like you said, we'll know more when we go head to head soon.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
K state has proven themselves to better coached, more consistent and they have competent special teams play. I think we are more talented but we lack discipline. They are better in the margins as some would say. We just aren't ready for primetime yet. They are above us right now, could change but we've been in this same spot the last 3 seasons (controlled our own destiny) and the exact same issues have plagued us. I hope the staff can finally get us over the hump.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
I don't necessarily think KSU is better than ISU, but I will say that I think KSU matches up well with ISU and has the last couple of years.

Also I think ISU's ceiling is much higher than KSU at this point, but has shown to be an inconsistent team with a lower floor. While KSU might not have an immensely high ceiling in their level of play, but with that consistency they have a higher floor than ISU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't necessarily think KSU is better than ISU, but I will say that I think KSU matches up well with ISU and has the last couple of years.

Also I think ISU's ceiling is much higher than KSU at this point, but has shown to be an inconsistent team with a lower floor. While KSU might not have an immensely high ceiling in their level of play, but with that consistency they have a higher floor than ISU.
This stretch of games is going to be the most important stretch in Campbell's career so far. We *should* blow the doors off of both KU and BU, but a slip up in either would be inexcusable. You then play 3 straight opponents who are all going to give you a fight. Can our guys practice what Campbell preaches in doing all the little things right? Can our coaching staff as a whole put together great game plans in back to back weeks against KSU and Texas?

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
This stretch of games is going to be the most important stretch in Campbell's career so far. We *should* blow the doors off of both KU and BU, but a slip up in either would be inexcusable. You then play 3 straight opponents who are all going to give you a fight. Can our guys practice what Campbell preaches in doing all the little things right? Can our coaching staff as a whole put together great game plans in back to back weeks against KSU and Texas?
I totally agree, and also I think this is a really great opportunity for the offense to get back on track and really establish its identity moving forward into the make or break games.

• Agree

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I totally agree, and also I think this is a really great opportunity for the offense to get back on track and really establish its identity moving forward into the make or break games.
I also think it's a great time to get up early in both these games and rest our starters for the majority of the 2nd half. It'd be huge for our younger guys to get some snaps.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
I also think it's a great time to get up early in both these games and rest our starters for the majority of the 2nd half. It'd be huge for our younger guys to get some snaps.
And also it would be awesome to watch some of those guys play, I for one am very interested in the backup QBs. Not to mention getting the OL healthy is the number one concern.

That being said I really hope the team gets the oppurtunities, in the past they certainly haven't played well enough to.

• Agree

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I think we will beat KSU and finish just in front of them in the standings, but today I would put KSU ahead of ISU

kcbob79clone

My niece (huge K-State fan) and I have been having the "no you're going to win" discussion a lot lately. By the time our game rolls around their QB will have a lot of experience, or Skylar will be miraculously healed :mccaffery:

I am not sure we know how to beat K-State as they have owned us, what is it 12 of the last 13 or so?

That said winner probably in CCG so exciting times indeed

Reactions: surly

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
My niece (huge K-State fan) and I have been having the "no you're going to win" discussion a lot lately. By the time our game rolls around their QB will have a lot of experience, or Skylar will be miraculously healed :mccaffery:

I am not sure we know how to beat K-State as they have owned us, what is it 12 of the last 13 or so?

That said winner probably in CCG so exciting times indeed
I like the fact that the game is in Ames. If it were in Manhattan, I'd be feeling much different.

Reactions: kcbob79clone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You know, I get what you're saying but it seems almost like a neutral field this year regardless of where the game is played. Home field is worth maybe up to 7-points in an ordinary year. But this one, not so much.
Because fans are in the stands, it still means more than none, but I agree it's not comparable to a regular year. Our broadcast team though has mentioned twice now that Jack Trice has been electric even given the fact that there are only 15,000 fans there. Also, home field advantage is typically only 3 points, not 7.

• Agree
Reactions: 4theCYcle and surly

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Nope, you're wrong. I'm anything but nice.

ISU has a far better situation at QB, and that's the most important position on the field of play. ISU and K-State's defenses are a push. O'lines are both young. Receivers favor ISU because K-State's have been unimpressive to this point in time. K-State owns special teams. Coaching isn't worth debating. And finally, Farmageddon is in Ames.

Going for the reverse jynx then...

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007

Guys like Re-al Mitchell waited all of last season for us to blow teams out so they could get some snaps. It just rarely happens with Campbell's teams.

By the way, that is about as close I'll get to criticizing anything that Campbell does.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Your Dave Archer is one of the best radio analysts on the air. I don't know how many of you listen to him on XM's B12 channel each morning but he's good.

ElbFpMkXUAM9Byh

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Your Dave Archer is one of the best radio analysts on the air. I don't know how many of you listen to him on XM's B12 channel each morning but he's good.

ElbFpMkXUAM9Byh
It's correct to put Kansas State above Iowa State until K-State loses. Brandon Weeden can gtfoh. He's still salty.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames

ElbFpMkXUAM9Byh
I don't know how anyone puts OU above ISU until OU beats someone better than Texas/TCU or ISU loses to someone worse than OSU (or OU).

Oh wait . . .

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
I started listening to the Heartland College Sports podcast this season to get some outsider look at the conference. It is put on by Pete Mundo out of KC. I know nothing about him other than the podcast popped up as a suggestion for me. Dude was all over us this season, he picked us to beat OSU last weekend.

Yesterday he released his updated power rankings and has us at #6 with Texas, OU and Tech all above us. Once I heard that, I immediately unsubscribed.

Reactions: surly

Help Support Us

Become a patron