SNF: Bears @ Packers

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Yeah, another review botched. I counted 2 or 3 reviews that were botched yesterday too. Amazing.

If the refs are going to STILL get the calls wrong, just get rid of the system. I am aware no system is perfect, but missing obvious things when there IS clear evidence to overturn/uphold calls - is just ridiculous.

there were 12+ for a half second as the guys left foot was on the field, it didn't affect the play and GB's coach calling TO was the only thing that prevented the TD. This was a VERY VERY MINOR "botch".

I see it more as a "spirit of the law" type of call.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Any Bears fans think Mohommed is mailing it in? The past highlights with him in it had him jogging his routes twice and ... standing still watching a handoff!

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
WTF? I understand the need to run the ball and we have tonight... finally. But we are throwing it down their throats... what the hell is with the play calling the last 2 series???

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
What a great play call there on the TD.

Please explain one thing to me: Green Bay is dominating in the 1st half throwing the ball, but the game is FAR from over. They elect to RUN and do stupid little 4 yard passes...instead of the slants that were so effective before. WHY THE H*LL STOP PASSING!!!!? That seems like very poor coaching right there to me.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Notice how Rex is not even talking with Brian, Lovie or Kyle on the sidelines.

I noticed that as well. I also figured NBC would show him on the sidelines about 384 times but I only saw him once or twice.

Great game for the Bears. It was much needed. The offense still didn't look great but they got the job done when it counted. Typical Bear defense causing several turnovers that one the game for us.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Please explain one thing to me: Green Bay is dominating in the 1st half throwing the ball, but the game is FAR from over. They elect to RUN and do stupid little 4 yard passes...instead of the slants that were so effective before. WHY THE H*LL STOP PASSING!!!!? That seems like very poor coaching right there to me.

That was straight from the McCarney book of coaching. Get the big lead, all the momentum, and then take the air out of the ball and try to run the clock out. By the time they realize they need to pass again, its too late and the defense is ready for it and they lock down on the receivers.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
That was the worst coached 2nd half I have seen in a long time! What the hell was the coaching staff doing? Over 300 yards in the first half... and then you back off and run the ball for 4 straight series?

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
That was straight from the McCarney book of coaching. Get the big lead, all the momentum, and then take the air out of the ball and try to run the clock out. By the time they realize they need to pass again, its too late and the defense is ready for it and they lock down on the receivers.

Except it wasn't a big lead due to 3 fumbles.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Except it wasn't a big lead due to 3 fumbles.

A 2 possession lead is a big lead when you're playing against the horrid Bears offense. But you're right, if you're going to try to run the clock out starting in the 3rd quarter, you'd better not turn it over.