Silvio De Sousa eligible for 19/20 season

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Huge news for them. Also the favorite right now to land R.J. Hampton and Jalen Wilson.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Really surprised that he stuck KU around as long as he did. Thought he would go international, prove himself, and then maybe try to come back to the NBA.

It is heart-warming to know that someone is true to their word, even to a bagman!

• Friendly
Reactions: LLCoolCY

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I am surprised De Sousa is going to play for KU considering the circumstances... He maintained his "innocence" and went through the process. He had to sit out 1.5 years and didn't turn pro and go to the G-League, which would have been the easy out for him. I don't think he is innocent but in my mind he paid his penalty with time served and curious to see him on the court.

Good luck to him, except when he plays ISU of course.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
So did Kansas actually own up to their ******** after throwing this kid under the bus or did they get yet another free pass?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
What a load of crap - they will admit having a cheater on the team, but their reason is he didn't cheat as bad as some of the other penalties the NCAA laid down..
What is the status of the NCAA beat-down? They said it would be after the season; I'm guessing since the new Adidas contract has been signed, and some signals they may land Hampton + Dotson returning, KU probably feels like they snuck one by the ball-less regulators. I hate those guys....really, really hate them.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
They signed a new multi-million dollar deal with Adidas and De Sousa stays and plays. As expected they skate again. The NCAA is a joke and KU basically says they don't care what they have to do to win.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Hi Sam Vecenie, the Athletic's NBA draft expert, triggered KU fans on De Sousa.

@Sam_Vecenie Sure! Sounds great! Super glad that De Sousa gets a chance to play next season.

I’ve never been a huge fan of him on the floor, and I particularly don’t love the idea of playing him with Udoka, but I’m glad that he is eligible.

@Sam_Vecenie I’m enjoying this person trying to shift the goal posts three times and then trying to act like I’m wrong every time I prove him wrong. This is the best.

And now he’s arguing that the team doesn’t have shooters, so that’s a good thing for the front court’s spacing? D7WhBcWUYAABU8j.jpg

Reactions: GTO

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
What a load of crap - they will admit having a cheater on the team, but their reason is he didn't cheat as bad as some of the other penalties the NCAA laid down..
What is the status of the NCAA beat-down? They said it would be after the season; I'm guessing since the new Adidas contract has been signed, and some signals they may land Hampton + Dotson returning, KU probably feels like they snuck one by the ball-less regulators. I hate those guys....really, really hate them.

Much like in the North Carolina fake college scandal, the NCAA will just allow it to drag out (with KU, Arizona, etc) and then pretty much do nothing. There are no rules anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Go2Guy and Lineup

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron