Wisconsin
Let the speculation begin!
tenor.gif

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I can't see any established head coach, that isn't on the hot seat, even looking at that Louisville job. And with the way UL's 2018 class is decommiting, coaches getting fired/arrested, and players getting suspended, they will be lucky to even field a full roster next year. I could see all of their '18 class decommiting, whether they took money or not, just to get away from that mess. Also, should expect transfers after this season as well.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
With the sanctions that will befall them, it gonna be a bad job for a few years. They will probably have to bring in a no-name coach or an older coach just trying to get a few years in until retirement.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
So with these developments - and now the decommitment from two players - one of which Courtney Ramey, ISU was recruiting pretty hard at one time from Missouri - any chance we make the call?

http://247sports.com/player/courtney-ramey-86029

Or distance ourselves from that messy situation?

Keep your distance. But there will be a ripple effect. If a school takes one of those players who decommitted, it maybe means that someone else is out of a spot. And I wouldn't have a problem going after players from THAT group.

• Disagree
Reactions: CycloneAS93

Goofyguy1

Feb 18, 2017
the thread could be even more hated if the OP asked if NCAA waivers will be put in place and allow CSP to take his recruits with him. And then mention how both the coach and players would get lots more money. I just shake my head at times.

Last edited:

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
This job isn't one to be concerned about. I think we all need to cheer Avery Johnson on at Alabama and hope he has great success there.

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
also says:

... while Hoiberg said he absolutely hated recruiting. If that I especially don't think he'd want to recruit at a one-and-done style destination, where all this crap is constantly below the surface - competing w Kentucky. Who would want all the Louisville mess? - affairs in restaurants, coaches hiring strippers, probation, now this? I think he stays NBA coaching or return to NBA management again.

Hoiberg will never return to college basketball as a coach. When he's done with the Bulls he's either going back the NBA Front Office or retiring.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Silver lining. If enough teams get NCAA sanctions and/or lose their good players ISU would increase their chances to make the dance again.

hey need 68 teams to fill the dance card.

Who's calling this bad news? Not me! (Yet.)

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone1995

Help Support Us

Become a patron