Significant Severe Weather Outbreak for 5/20/19

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Dallas is only in the "yellow" area for slight risk of severe weather. They are only predicting heavy rain, strong straight line winds, and small hail today and into tomorrow AM. Not a big threat of tornadoes or large hail.

If she is driving tell her to stay out of the right lane. The civil engineers use that lane for a drainage ditch between storm drain inlets...
Looks like your wife should only expect to get 4-6 inches.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cyched

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Is it normal to have no audio on any of the feeds?

Yup. All up to the streamer. Some will have it on some will not. Some will have it on for a bit to talk and update you and then turn it off while they are driving and nothing is happening.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yup. All up to the streamer. Some will have it on some will not. Some will have it on for a bit to talk and update you and then turn it off while they are driving and nothing is happening.
Last question(my apologies) is there a way to set up a notification such as "holy bat **** there is an actual event happening now" and get notified? I find this very interesting.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
CompassionateScarceCopepod-size_restricted.gif

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Last question(my apologies) is there a way to set up a notification such as "holy bat **** there is an actual event happening now" and get notified? I find this very interesting.

That I am not aware of.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I'm getting a little nervous about all of the rain heading this way. It has been camped pouring in Kansas all day it seems.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Kind of a dud day for tornadoes. The twin tornado live from the helicopter was cool but now it’s a flooding event.

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
Is anything gonna happen in Iowa this week or are we supposed to just be getting rain?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
If anyone is interested there is a great weather podcast that happened to have their weekly recording during this event on Monday evening and had not guests so the spent the show doing kind of a "live" breakdown of it and what was happening, what may happen and what the issues at hand were.

https://weatherbrains.com/?p=7789

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
If anyone is interested there is a great weather podcast that happened to have their weekly recording during this event on Monday evening and had not guests so the spent the show doing kind of a "live" breakdown of it and what was happening, what may happen and what the issues at hand were.

https://weatherbrains.com/?p=7789

Did Spann complain about people not being able to find themselves on a map?