Signature Moral Victory

GrayerClone

Feb 11, 2010
Central Iowa
Since it has been discussed at great length McDermott's lack of a signature win in the 4 years as head coach, I was wondering what may be his best signature moral victory? I'm afraid this list is somewhat short as well. The game that comes to mind for me was year 1 at Ohio State. What are your thoughts?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Since it has been discussed at great length McDermott's lack of a signature win in the 4 years as head coach, I was wondering what may be his best signature moral victory? I'm afraid this list is somewhat short as well. The game that comes to mind for me was year 1 at Ohio State. What are your thoughts?

OT against top 3 OU team last year?

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Taking Texas to overtime a couple years ago in Hilton with Bryan Peterson going against DJ Augustine.

We blew that game but nevertheless.....

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Taking Texas to overtime a couple years ago in Hilton with Bryan Peterson going against DJ Augustine.

We blew that game but nevertheless.....
These must be desparate times because people are talking about signature moral victories? I mean moral victories only really mean something in year 1...not 4....We haven't been to the post season since Wayne's second to last season...its all been downhill since Wayne left....if anyone can name one better thing that came out of the firing of WM and hiring of GM....

CYKXBUT

Jul 21, 2006

Well since it is your first post, I cannot believe you are serious. Are you really someone else who created a new moniker just to post this?????

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
These must be desparate times because people are talking about signature moral victories? I mean moral victories only really mean something in year 1...not 4....We haven't been to the post season since Wayne's second to last season...its all been downhill since Wayne left....if anyone can name one better thing that came out of the firing of WM and hiring of GM....

Why is there always this post? Can't you just play along? Clearly the thread is tongue-in-cheek.

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
Signature Moral Victory

FREAKING HILARIOUS :biglaugh:

Did Pudue go to the NCAA tournament the year we beat them in Vegas?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
There is not now, nor will there ever be such a thing as a moral victory. Very clever way to get credits though, well played.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I like this thread, and it can manage to see it was done in jest (which apparently many cannot). I would agree that OT with Oklahoma would be our best moral victory. What a sad program this has been lately...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Gotta be the game we took KU to overtime in 2006 doesn't it? Gosh we were sky high after that game.