Sigh...

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Rhoads has gotten worst every year. The fact is UNI and NDSU have better programs. Hire Varley for crying out loud. The program would improve by leaps and bounds

Who's Varley? If you mean UNI's coach, that'd be Farley. And he's a closet Hok, so he'd never take the job...

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
You just have to lower your expectations for football and jump on the Hoiberg train. It's the only way to stay sane as an ISU fan. Long term football success just isn't in the cards.

I'm now convinced the only hope for ISU fb is to move to start an indoor leage and play in Hilton.

Of course, we'd probably curse the bball team.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I am 37 years old. Been a kool aid drinker for years. Every year I go in thinking this is it...this is the 10 win season we've all been waiting for. I thought today would be close but was SURE we would win. I have never been more apathetic after one game than I am right now. I have been behind Rhoads from the get go but I can't defend him anymore. Not saying I am giving up but to me, it's time to put up or shut up and I hate saying that. But you just do NOT lose to an FBS team this far into your tenure let alone get flat out drilled at home. You just don't. Not even to a team that had won 24 straight. Not giving up 34 straight points and getting only 57 yards in the second half. I'm not even that upset and that shows apathy for me and it really sucks. I'll be there every week as I always am cheering the Cyclones but not expecting anything in terms of victories this year. Blah

Exactly how i feel... But im only 36.

3rdGenStater

Oct 7, 2012
Drop football. Turn JTS over to Reiman Gardens, throw a dome over it, and make it a botanical center. It's time to put that piece of real estate to good use.

cylove

Jul 14, 2014
iowa didn't almost lose. They just didn't put them away. Let Johnson loose on 3 HUGE pass plays, but other than that the panthers had something like 50!yds rushing, and completed less than half of their passes.

for crying out loud, this is our own stink. We had our a$$e$ kicked. nothing would suggest CPR should even be mentioned in the same breath as Kurt Fuuruntz

Actually, they did almost lose. The refs blew a pi in the endzone, or UNI goes up 27-24 in the 4th quarter. The refs were actually terrible in that game, and UNI had the ball inside the iowa 40 in the last two minutes going for a posible tie.

Sorry, that isn't dominating. You are wrong.

You are right, this is our problem, but the worthless hawk trolls, and the "fans" that never show up unless something is wrong, do nothing to help the situation

cylove

Jul 14, 2014
Let me introduce you to Dan McCarney.

That being said I want nothing to do with Farley.

Ahh yes another mac first fan that thinks that enough time has passed that those of us who watched him lose over and over again with better teams will forget how putrid he was on the sidelines.

I suppose it stands to reason they think it will work though, all the pr allowed people to ignore how he treated his first wife, and those restraining orders.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Ahh yes another mac first fan that thinks that enough time has passed that those of us who watched him lose over and over again with better teams will forget how putrid he was on the sidelines.

I suppose it stands to reason they think it will work though, all the pr allowed people to ignore how he treated his first wife, and those restraining orders.
He brought up McCarney because of the "closet hawk" Farley comment, context IS important.

ashmore

Sep 9, 2013
Actually, they did almost lose. The refs blew a pi in the endzone, or UNI goes up 27-24 in the 4th quarter. The refs were actually terrible in that game, and UNI had the ball inside the iowa 40 in the last two minutes going for a posible tie.

Sorry, that isn't dominating. You are wrong.

You are right, this is our problem, but the worthless hawk trolls, and the "fans" that never show up unless something is wrong, do nothing to help the situation

I don't believe I said Iowa dominated... but I was wrong in my post. They only gave up 25yds on the ground. Even if the ref would have called PI, the kitty cats had to actually still punch it in, and iowa couldn't have scored their 31st point for your take to come to fruition. Also, all but 3 of UNIs penalties were delay of games, false starts, and off sides. Just how did the refs screw them?

Nobody likes the chickens, but to embellish a hypothetical outcome of their game, to justify our ineptitude makes us look, we'll, ignorant and pathetic

cylove

Jul 14, 2014
I don't believe I said Iowa dominated... but I was wrong in my post. They only gave up 25yds on the ground. Even if the ref would have called PI, the kitty cats had to actually still punch it in, and iowa couldn't have scored their 31st point for your take to come to fruition. Also, all but 3 of UNIs penalties were delay of games, false starts, and off sides. Just how did the refs screw them?

Nobody likes the chickens, but to embellish a hypothetical outcome of their game, to justify our ineptitude makes us look, we'll, ignorant and pathetic

Oh please. Reading is tough for you.

Did you read, in your rush to defend iowa, where I agreed that this was our problem.

However, to say that UNI was not in the game? Saying they could have won the game, when they could have very easily taken the lead in the 4th quarter with a proper call? Is not hypothetical.

Plus 18 penalties to 2 penalties. That doesn't just happen. Especially considering iowa didn't get their first one till midway through the first quarter, I guess the refs only screw the hawks, so they will stop playing teams.

And UNI abused the middle of iowa's defense when they took the time to do so. DJ had nearly 200 yards receiving. If I were a hawk fan I would be concerned about how weak they looked in the middle of the field.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I am 37 years old. Been a kool aid drinker for years. Every year I go in thinking this is it...this is the 10 win season we've all been waiting for. I thought today would be close but was SURE we would win. I have never been more apathetic after one game than I am right now. I have been behind Rhoads from the get go but I can't defend him anymore. Not saying I am giving up but to me, it's time to put up or shut up and I hate saying that. But you just do NOT lose to an FBS team this far into your tenure let alone get flat out drilled at home. You just don't. Not even to a team that had won 24 straight. Not giving up 34 straight points and getting only 57 yards in the second half. I'm not even that upset and that shows apathy for me and it really sucks. I'll be there every week as I always am cheering the Cyclones but not expecting anything in terms of victories this year. Blah

If you thought there was a chance for a 10 win season this year, you set yourself up for some major disappointment. Most fans I know knew there was a chance we'd lose on Saturday. I don't think anyone thought we'd get drilled but a loss was a strong possibility.

But I'm like you now, I'll watch all of the games but I'm not expecting much in the win column this year.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Oh please. Reading is tough for you.

Did you read, in your rush to defend iowa, where I agreed that this was our problem.

However, to say that UNI was not in the game? Saying they could have won the game, when they could have very easily taken the lead in the 4th quarter with a proper call? Is not hypothetical.

Plus 18 penalties to 2 penalties. That doesn't just happen. Especially considering iowa didn't get their first one till midway through the first quarter, I guess the refs only screw the hawks, so they will stop playing teams.

And UNI abused the middle of iowa's defense when they took the time to do so. DJ had nearly 200 yards receiving. If I were a hawk fan I would be concerned about how weak they looked in the middle of the field.

No one cares. Iowa beat an FCS team, like they always do. We lost to an FCS school like we do half the time.

Iowa will control the LOS against us and run the ball all day. We will need several really big passing plays to stay in the game.