[sigh] ... boring season just began

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
One of the worst things about getting knocked out of the NCAAs is that it's a long time till football ...

veryphil

Feb 24, 2012
Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
One of the worst things about getting knocked out of the NCAAs is that it's a long time till football ...

You're right. I love the NBA, Italian and English soccer, MLB, NASCAR, warm weather, fishing, camping the Drake Relays and etc. . . But other than those things, there is absolutely nothing else to do until football.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Nothing like ISU basketball. Football is a distant second for me. In football I am content with bowl games. In basketball I want championships.

veryphil

Feb 24, 2012
Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
Go Royals!!!!

Also:

I want to see Chris Babb do the decathlon at the Drake Relays just for S&Gs. He could miss height on the pole vault and still win it. He would throw the javelin from Des Moines to at least Ankeny.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The royals usually distract me until mid-may. Then it's just the grind until football.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
You're right. I love the NBA, Italian and English soccer, MLB, NASCAR, warm weather, fishing, camping the Drake Relays and etc. . . But other than those things, there is absolutely nothing else to do until football.

Didn't say nothing else to do; to clarify, it's a pretty long stretch until my other favorite college sport begins. NBA? Meh. MLB? Season's too long. NASCAR? Don't need a nap. Soccer? That's a punch line to a bad joke. I'll go fishing with you ...or maybe shoot some trap, though.