SI Mike Taylor mention

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Forgive me if this has already been posted, I couldn't find a mention with a quick scan of the topics.

Mike Taylor was mentioned in a story in the new SI about the NBA developmental league.

Just a short blurb about him leaping over a defender impressing scouts who then were informed he played for UCLA. Mike was interviewed later and said something to the extent of: "I'm not sure where they got UCLA. I played for Iowa State"

Last edited:

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
with lucca and mike this year i think we might be a legit tourney contender and i think we get in. I liked mike, he made mistakes i forgive him

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I think he is definitely better for having been here... he made some mistakes, but everybody deserves forgiveness if they make an effort to better themselves. I'm happy to see him playing well.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Mike is a cyclone to me. He wanted to be here and he played hard. You may not have the same personal ideals of the man next to you in battle, but if he is fighting for the same cause as you, he is a brother.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
The word is that Mike T wants to finish his degree at ISU as well. I think graduating from ISU pretty much solidifies that he is a cyclone.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Most of his 'trouble' he caused was not much worse than most of us caused in college.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Most of his 'trouble' he caused was not much worse than most of us caused in college.

This is not a justification or should minimize what he did - at all. It sickens me to continue to see that "excuse" tossed about.

Having said that, Mike Taylor is a member of the Cyclone family. I'm frustrated with him that he couldn't learn his lesson quicker because he'd be an important part of this team - helping us win.

It's done and over with though. I wish the man the best...and am pleased to see him pursuing a degree.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
This is not a justification or should minimize what he did - at all. It sickens me to continue to see that "excuse" tossed about.

I dont think that was his point. Its not justification or an excuse. The point is, he did things that alot of college kids do. The media blew it up as usual. His punishment was served as it should have been, but some folks believe that he was an idiot and scumbag because he caused some trouble and that is not the case.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
If not a justification, it is said to minimize what he did. Otherwise, why would the "other college kids did stuff like that too" line continue to be tossed out?

Man...total deja vu here. Again, he messed up but seems to be on the right track now and I wish him the best.

Adios...

white_flag.gif

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Interesting you bring that up, one of my new co-workers knows him pretty well and was just telling me how well he is doing for the Stampede.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron