SI: College Football Leaders moving to cancel season

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I’ve never been so proud of our Big12 conference. This was the right play, this was the power play and we didn’t *$#@ it up for once. Personally, I feel like the ghost of Dan Beebe has been finally exercised.

Amen!

and as for other spot about it just being TX and OU..it is nearly the opposite..both those schools have 1st year presidents..heck tx President is interim.. Better believe ISU and few others are helping to lead the way.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Husker fans are absolutely losing their minds right now as they try to grasp that they will be sidelined while its former Big 8/12 partners play football.

Obviously we may all end up not playing, but the salt out there is delicious.

tenor.gif

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
If nothing else this will generate some jucy rumors for the next couple of weeks. (and no I don't think this is real smoke)
https://twitter.com/TribuneDanny
@TribuneDanny BREAKING: Hearing that both #Nebraska and #BYU are both fighting to join the
@Big12Conference for upcoming season. Source spoke with several Big 12 ADs just moments ago.

@TribuneDanny BREAKING: Hearing there is strong traction that #PennSt #OhioSt #Michigan and #Nebraska will all join the #Big12 for the upcoming season. #Big10 #CFB

I mean, if Michigan wants to come into Jack Trice as our +1, you'd have to consider it, right? With Ball State out, the spot is wide open...:jimlad:

• Dislike
Reactions: isufbcurt

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Holy sh17, these Big10 talking heads on TV refuse to understand that the Big12 has autonomy, that we don’t have to kowtow to the demands of the mighty Big10. The arrogance and their refusal to understand that they won’t be playing football this fall while the Big12 will be, is baffling.

All of their guests are saying the same crap, “The Big12 May be able to start the season but they won’t finish it”.

Personally, I think they’re shitting their pants.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010

Seems like the honeymoon is over and buyers remorse is setting in. I’m sure the MAC will take them.

Was just about to post this article. I thought Nebby back to the B12 was a 0% chance of happening but after reading that I’d give it a 5-10% chance.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The Shatel article says Nebraska was fleeing a faltering Big 12, not running to the Big Ten.

********.gif

Reactions: BigCyFan

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
People need to slow their boats in both directions.

1 - BigXII is largely just playing a longer wait and see approach. From what I’ve heard there is a pretty even split on if football should be played and the consensus was to wait until early September to see how things are trending. There is going to be more talk of possible bubbles and enhanced monitoring but they are relying on some outside medical professionals as well.

2 - It will be popular talk for a while but I’ve been told there is absolutely no chance of Big Ten teams playing this fall unless they decide to permanently leave the league. Nebraska will make a stink but it’s all bluster.

3 - I’d put odds on Big XII kicking off on Sept 26th at 20%. More than anything, they want to show that they’ve done everything they could to make it possible and only time will tell if it really is.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Was just about to post this article. I thought Nebby back to the B12 was a 0% chance of happening but after reading that I’d give it a 5-10% chance.

Maybe a 5-10% chance that Nebraska would want to. There is zero chance the Big12 takes them back. They aren't the big name program they used to be. They made some noise with the coaching hire, but he's driving them further into the ground. There's no upside for the Big12 here.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE

Seems like the honeymoon is over and buyers remorse is setting in. I’m sure the MAC will take them.

Thinking more about it.....maybe B12 should talk to nebr, draw it out, maybe make it public. Then decide nah sorry don't need you. Tough to go back to b10 with your tail between ur legs.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
People need to slow their boats in both directions.

1 - BigXII is largely just playing a longer wait and see approach. From what I’ve heard there is a pretty even split on if football should be played and the consensus was to wait until early September to see how things are trending. There is going to be more talk of possible bubbles and enhanced monitoring but they are relying on some outside medical professionals as well.

2 - It will be popular talk for a while but I’ve been told there is absolutely no chance of Big Ten teams playing this fall unless they decide to permanently leave the league. Nebraska will make a stink but it’s all bluster.

3 - I’d put odds on Big XII kicking off on Sept 26th at 20%. More than anything, they want to show that they’ve done everything they could to make it possible and only time will tell if it really is.

Interesting on the wait and see thing. I feel like there’s no evidence over the past 6 months to suddenly expect that things are going to get better in a month.

Reactions: superiorcyclone