SI: College Football Leaders moving to cancel season

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
Surely you are intelligent enough to differentiate between a highly infectious disease that can be easily transmitted to others and drowning.... right?
The common cold and influenza are highly infectious diseases too, what is your point? Life carries risk. I will say that you do not seem intelligent enough to understand the issue. Life ends in death, always. We mitigate risk to extend our lives. 20 year olds face a higher risk of dying from drowning, influenza, car accidents, and murder than dying from Coronavirus. There is zero reason to believe, other than hysteria, that a college aged young man is somehow safer from Coronavirus, and other things that cause death, from not playing football.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
What does right now Cyched think about it?

tenor.gif

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
The common cold and influenza are highly infectious diseases too, what is your point? Life carries risk. I will say that you do not seem intelligent enough to understand the issue. Life ends in death, always. We mitigate risk to extend our lives. 20 year olds face a higher risk of dying from drowning, influenza, car accidents, and murder than dying from Coronavirus. There is zero reason to believe, other than hysteria, that a college aged young man is somehow safer from Coronavirus, and other things that cause death, from not playing football.

I don’t know if a college kid is safer or not by being out of football. That’s a legitimate question. I’ve stated the same as my main reasoning in favor of a season.

But the terribly flawed comparisons to much less dangerous diseases that are less contagious or things like drowning? Or the “everyone dies anyway” argument? All nonsense.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

I guess it is probably just PR, but I gotta ask - why would the conference be much more for or less in favor of playing today than yesterday? The facts have not changed. Probably just PR but as has often happened in the past it looks like the Big 12 is blowing in the wind.

• Disagree
Reactions: HoustonClone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I guess it is probably just PR, but I gotta ask - why would the conference be much more for or less in favor of playing today than yesterday? The facts have not changed. Probably just PR but as has often happened in the past it looks like the Big 12 is blowing in the wind.

At this point, the choice really seems to be whether to admit reality or to remain in denial a few more weeks before ultimately arriving at the same result.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Texas and OU want to play and everyone else doesn’t or is hesitant, so therefore because texas and ou want to, the conference is leaning toward playing.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Quick thought, what if we just played an 8 game conference slate so more flexibility for likely necessary bye weeks and just kicked Baylor out for the year (I’m game for longer too).

8 games over 12 weeks and then any situation that involves kicking out Baylor is something that we Americans can start uniting over after all of this turmoil.

Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Could be players speaking out, saying they understand and accept the risks and want to play anyway.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Husker fans are absolutely losing their minds right now as they try to grasp that they will be sidelined while its former Big 8/12 partners play football.

Obviously we may all end up not playing, but the salt out there is delicious.

• Agree
Reactions: kcbob79clone

Help Support Us

Become a patron